~Chapter49~

Ethan went to the hospital and asked the nurse. “Um, I'm looking for Cherie Taylor.”
    “Oh, sir, she's right over there with her boyfriend, I mean classmate.”
So Ethan walked there and uncovered the blinds, and then he saw Cherie laying with an IV attached to her hand. Cherie's asleep, so he just watched her rest. For a while, she opened her eyes and saw him.
    “Cherie, are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?”
     “No, Ethan, I'm fine.” I gently said.
     “Why did you suddenly pass out?”
     “I don't know, maybe I ate something bad.”

    “Oh, I see. Rest.” he said and covered me with the blacket.
I just smiled and slept.

Daniel stepped out for a minute to buy some food at a convinence store called NanaMart. He bought food and drinks, then he paid for it and got out. Then he went back to the hospital and walked to Cherie's room to see Ethan already there. He ignored his angry feeling and went inside the room.
Ethan saw him and asked him. Let's talk outside. So they went outside they sat down on the chair, and Ethan asked.
   “Wait, Ethan, before we talk, can you fill out this form and give it to the nurse. I don't know Cherie that well.
      “Okay, stay there, I'll be back.”
      “Okay.”
So Ethan filled the form and handed it to the nurse. Then he came back and sat beside Daniel and asked.
  “Daniel, answer me honestly. Do you love Cherie?”
     “Yes I love her? Why?”
     “I've loved her since we were little. Until now, that feeling for me only grew stronger.”
     “So, what?”
     “I just want you to know that I love Cherie very much, but it seems to me that she likes you.”
     “Hmm is that so?"”
     “It seems like it. If Cherie chooses you, please don't play with her emotions, and don't hurt her. I don't want to see her cry because of you. If you can do that, you can have her. But remember if you hurt her feelings or make her cry. I won't let it slide. So better take care of her.”
     “So, you're giving me Cherie?”
     “Yeah, I can see that Cherie likes you, Daniel.”
     “Oh, I'm sorry if I punched you in the face before I didn't know I was so worked up.
     “Don't worry about that. I'm fine.”
     “But I thought you love Cherie. Why are you suddenly giving her to me?”
       “Because I want her to be happy, and I can see she's happy with you.”
       “But why did you kiss her?”
      “You really don't know the reason why I did that?”
     “Yes, I know, but I'm not sure about it.”
     “Because I love her. I love her more than anything. But she can't not see it because Cherie's the type of girl who doesn't know about love, but she knows a little but doesn't know how to make it work.”
     “Ohh, I see.”
     “So, be patient with her. Don't expect too much from her cause she doesn't know anything about love, maybe just a little, but that's it. But it doesn't mean I'm letting you off the hook. I'm just saying that if Cherie chooses you, please don't hurt her because she's more fragile than you think. If you think I'm giving Cherie that easily, no, I'm just saying if Cherie chooses, you try not to hurt her. Cause if you do. you'll never see the light of day again. So don't you dare hurt her, got it?
     “Okay, Ethan. Stop being so scary. I'll try to remember that.” Then they entered the room. They saw Cherie waking up.
Cherie woke up.
I slowly flutter my eyes open to see I'm in a room with a room, and there's an IV drip on me. I scanned my surroundings and remembered I was in the hospital.
    “Cherie you're awake.”
    “Ah, Daniel, will you give us privacy. Just step out for a while. I just want to tell you something to Cherie.”
     “Okay,” he said and got out of the room.”
When Daniel left.

     “Cherie, do you like Daniel?”
     “Why are you asking that all of a sudden.”
     “I just want to know? Will you tell me?”
     “Hmm?”
     “Do you like Daniel? Tell me honestly.”
     “Yes, Ethan. I do like him. But I like you too.”
     “Cherie, you can not choose both of us because one will suffer.”
     “Then what should I do?”
     “Just follow your heart, Cherie,”
When I heard those words from him, I felt like I'm losing him.
     “Ethan, why are you saying that?
     “I'm just saying if you choose Daniel, it's alright. I can accept that. Just promise one thing.”
     “What's that, Ethan?”
     “If Daniel hurts you or pushes you away. Just come to me. I'll be your fallback, and I'll never leave you. Choose me instead if he hurts or there will come a time that things will be so complicated that you'll lose your mind. But I'm just here. You can come to me anytime.”
I smiled at him.
     “Thanks, Ethan.” I said and kissed his cheek.
“It's not a problem,” He said and gave me a warm smile.
I guess Ethan does really love me, but I don't know. I sighed. Then there's a knock on the door, breaking the silence.
     “Who is it?”
     “It's me, Sunnie.”
     “Come in.”
She came in and gently closed the door she sat on the chair.
     “Cherie, what happened.”
     “I passed out because I had an upset stomach.”
    “How about you? How did you know that I'm here.”
     “Ethan, told me that you're here.”
     “Oh, okay. By the way, who brought you here? Did Ethan bring you here?”
     “I don't know, I wasn't with Ethan earlier.”
     “Hmm okay.”
Then the nurse came and said.
     “Ms. Taylor, you're discharged now.”
     “Wow really.”
     “Yeah the doctor says. There's nothing wrong with you. Just be careful not to eat some faul next time.”
     “Okay,”
    “Just finish your IV, then you can go.”
     “Thank you.” I said to the nurse.
      “I'll just let the others know.” Sunnie said and went out.

He saw Daniel sitting on a chair outside waiting. Then she asked.
     “Daniel, what are you doing here.”
     “I brought Cherie here.”
     “Oh, you did?”
     “Why did she become unconscious what happened.”
     “Look at this. Does he care. Why would he? Oh, that's right, he likes her.” she said in her mind.
    “Well, the doctor says she has eaten something faul, that's why she got an upset stomach and became unconscious.”
     “Oh, okay.”
     “How is she?”
     “The nurse said she'll just finish her pack of IV, and she's good to go.”
    “That's a relief.”

The nurse came back to Cherie's room to remove Cherie's IV.
     “Cherie, are you ready to take off your IV now.”
     “Yes.”
So the nurse carefully took the needle off Cherie's and hand she took a deep breathe and the nurse took off her needle and placed a cotton on her hand.
   “Thanks, nurse.”
   “Your welcome.”
Then Ethan came in.
     “Cherie, come on now that you're discharged. I'll buy some ice cream.”
     “Really?”
     “Yeah, why not? Then I'll take you home afterward.”
I smiled at him. His really is my best friend he knows me too well.”

Then we went out. I saw Daniel. Why is it here? Does he know I got confined. I just ignored him and left with my best friend.
So I and Ethan and Sunnie, went to an ice cream shop.
     “One chocolate, one strawberry peppermint and one Fererro mint, please.”
     “Okay sir.”
He got three ice creams and he gave me us each one.
     “Awe, Ethan, thanks for the ice cream it's super sweet and delicious.”
     “Glad you like it.”
     “Oh, Cherie, you got some ice cream on your lips.
     “Here, Cherie, I'll get it.” he said, wipe my lips with a tissue.”
    “Thanks, Ethan.”
Then Sunnie saw it.
     “Ethan, you're so sweet.” Sunnie said to him.
I blushed and said.
     “Thanks for today, Ethan. I enjoyed the ice cream. Thanks for treating us.” I said as I hugged him. He just smiled and said.
     “I love you, Cherie, as my best friend.”
     “I love you too. Ethan.” he said and smiled at me. Then he said.
     “Come on, Cher, I'll take you and Sunnie home.”
     “Okay, come on, Sunnie.”
     “You brought your car.”
     “Of course.”
     “Now get in.”
So we got in, and we waved goodbye to Ethan.
Sunnie was in her room watching some TV to pass the time. While I got changed into my homewear. I was thinking about Ethan he sure can be sweet and kind. But is it okay to fall for him. No. I'm still confused though even I'm with Ethan, I think of Daniel, and why is that? Maybe I'm thinking about too much it's probably nothing. I said and laid on my bed and slept.