~Chapter8~

We entered the music room and we were amazed how many instruments Jennie has. Just wow. It's a massive room filled with instruments. There's a violin, mandolin, cello, piano, flute and there's also an electric guitar.
     “Wow, Jennie you sure have a lot of instruments.”
     “Yeah, well I'm a music lover.”
     “So can you play the flute for us now please.”
     “Yeah, we love to hear you play it.” Marie and Claire said, feeling excited to hear the tunes of Jennie's flute.
     “Sure, why not?”
So she grabbed the flute and found a piece to play with her music book. So she started to play it. I can hear sweet tunes and melodies coming out from the flute. The music is pleasant to the ears.
After Jennie played we went to her room and talked about stuff. 
     “So, Jennie are you still studying?”we asked her.
     “Yeah, of course.”
     “Which school are you studying in?”
     “Ethan's school is my school also.”
     “Oh, okay.”
     “So girls do you have boyfriends yet?”
     “No, but I know someone has a crush on Cherie at school?”
     “What?”
     “Who is it?” Jennie asked excitedly.
     “Daniel,”
     “What no way, Daniel and I are friends and he doesn't seem to be interested in me. So stop teasing us cause we're not compatible. We're just friends, really.”
     “But why would you insist on helping him learn math.”
      “Cause I can see he's having a hard time, I just wanted to help him?”
     “Oh, okay.”
     “Claire what about you?”
     “No, I don't have a boyfriend.”
     “Oh okay then.”
There's a knock on the door
 “Come in.”
Ethan then came in. 
     “I brought you gals something to drink.”
     “Awe, that's sweet of you Ethan thanks.”
     “You're welcome. Cherie.”
He gave us our drinks. Then he left and closed the door.
     “So girls, oh I forgot, I have something for you three. Wait there.”
      “What is it?”
     “It's a surprise. Now close your eyes.”
So we closed our eyes. 
Then Jennie rummages in her bag to find the snowglobe that she bought from France now where is it? After a while, she finally found what she was looking for.
     “Okay, now open it.”
We opened our eyes to see three snow globes. We gasped altogether. It was so beautiful.
     “Jennie is those snow globes for us.”
     “Of course. They were recommended by a friend of mine so I bought them for you, guys.”
     “By who?”
She smiled. “I don't remember. But he was a good friend, that's for sure. He listens to you and gives good advice.”
     “Yeah, I wish we could've met him.”
     “Yes, it'll be nice also if you guys can meet that guy but unfortunately he doesn't contact me anymore.”
     “Ah, Jennie don't be sad.”
     “Yeah, don't be sad, you'll find him soon.”
     “You think so.”
     “Yeah, well, what's his name?”
     “I don't remember him, it's been a long time since we talked to each other.
     “Oh, we see.”
     “Just don't think about that guy if he's really the one for you then he'll be able to find you.”
     “You're right Cherie.”
     “Jennie, will excuse us for a moment. Then I called Marie and Claire
     “Marie, Clarie, make sure Jennie stays in her room. Then when I call you you can come down. You'll keep Jennie distracted while I go downstairs and check on Ethan.”
     “Okay, will do.”
     “Ah, Jennie, I will check what Ethan's doing you and Marie and Claire catch up okay.”
     “Yeah, sure.”
So I went downstairs to check on Ethan of how's doing. I saw him putting the streamers and balloons up. Then he saw me.
     “Cherie, so glad you're here.”
     “Yeah,”
     “Does Jennie suspect anything.”
     “Nope, she's talking with the girls.”
     “Good.”
     “Can I help you with something?”
     “Yeah, can you put up more steamers on that side?”
     “Sure, Ethan.”
So I grabbed a chair and stood on it and put some streamers.
     “Ethan could you please hand me the tape?”
     “Here you go.”
     “I can't reach it.”
I moved more to reach it. But the chair got unstable and I began to fall. I thought I was going to fall so I closed my eyes ready for the impact but it didn't happen. Someone caught me. I looked up and saw those concerning blue eyes and a voice asking if I was okay.
     “Cherie, are you okay?”
     “Yeah.” After recovering from the shock, I noticed I was still in his arms.
     “Ah, Ethan you can put me down now.” I awkwardly said.
     “Sorry,” He said and slowly put me down.
     “No, Ethan don't be, I should be the one thanking you for catching me.”
He smiled at me. 
     “You're welcome Cherie.”
     “Come on let's fix this up, then I'll call the girls to come down.”
     “Okay,”
At that moment he realized that he likes her not just a friend but also a lover. When she fell, he caught her then something within him a spark maybe lit up. But they should stick to being friends for now because he knows that Cherie isn't ready for a relationship right now. Because she has still no interest and he can tell she's not ready.

But he liked her from the start since they were just kids. He played with her a lot and spent time with her talking about anything. But she never noticed his existence but he wishes that soon Cherie will realize that he loves her even though she doesn't see it that way. 
     “Hey, Ethan are you okay?”
     “Yeah, why don't you call the girls and get ready for Jennie's house warming party while I go tidy up.
     “Okay, Ethan. I'll text them now.”
     “Alright,”
So while Ethan was cleaning, I called Marie on her phone but there was no answer. I tried again and she finally picked up after a while.
They were just talking about some stuff about school and such.
     “Jennie, are you still ice skating?”
     “Yes, I still am.”
     “I bet you're good at it.”
     “Yeah, well, I don't skate now that often.”
     “Oh, I see.”
     “Marie your phone is ringing.”
     “Oh it is, do you mind if I take this?”
    “Yeah, sure.”
She then answered it by saying.
    “Hello,”
    “Marie, go down now and bring Jennie along with you when the surprise is done.”
     “Okay.”
So they went downstairs and saw all the decorations and lights. 
     “Wow. What is this?”
     “Well, I planned to surprise you and Ethan helped me with the decorations and Marie and Claire distracted you from seeing it. That's part of the surprise.”
     “Awe, you guys thank you I really have such wonderful friends.” She hugged us then we pulled away.
     “So let's get this house warming party started. I said as I turned the music on. We danced, we played Xbox's then we sang songs and we were just having a good time there. 
We played truth or dare and darts as well. While Ethan was playing billiards. It was fun to be there. Until I noticed the time it's getting quite late then I said to them.
     “Guys, I got to go now, my mom is waiting for me at home.”
     “Okay, Cherie. Let me at least take you home.” Ethan said to me.
     “But Ethan, my house is only one block from yours. I can just walk alone.”
     “No, Cherie it's dangerous for you to be roaming around at night.” he said, worrying about me. I sighed in defeat.
     “Fine, you can take me home.”
     “Jennie, I'll just take Cherie home.”
     “Okay sure go ahead.”
So Ethan walked me to my house and said goodnight.
I went in and saw my mom reading a book. She noticed me come in and asked.
     “Hey, sweetie, did you have a great time?”
     “Yeah, mom. thanks for letting me go there. It was really fun.”
     “Your welcome, sweetie, now go wash up.”
     “Okay, mom.”
So I went to the bathroom to freshen up. Then I went to my room and combed my hair.
While I was combing my hair. I remember just earlier Ethan caught me in his arms. I love the way he's overprotective of me. He's like my big brother but no there's something more about him that I cannot seem to understand But whatever it is I'm sure it's nothing. I then laid on my bed, read a book or two before slowly drifting off to sleep.