~Chapter32~

Daniel decided to tell Leah about his problem.

     “I'm all ears. So, what's the matter, sweetie?"
     “Are you sure? Can you help me with it?"
     “I don't know but I'll try. How about you try telling me about your problem, first. We'll see what I could do.”

He closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. Daniel just let his thoughts flow into words.

    “Well, okay, what happened was... Harris and I were at the mall earlier. We saw Cherie asleep inside a cafe. She was probably overworked so she fell asleep, Harris told me to go to her, so I did. While she was asleep I bought her a drink. She woke up after a while and she asked me if the drink was mine. I told her no and that I bought it for her. She told me that  she cannot drink it by herself and she asked me if I wanted to share the drink with her. So I took a sip first and she did the same after me. She noticed me acting weird. Just then, her best friend called her. Not long after, her best friend came to the arcade. The two of us were competing against each other. When Harris and I were about to leave, Cherie asked Harris to be her lab partner because she said that the two of them were a good team. Then she called him Har Har. She gave a nickname to my best friend but she didn't give one to me. At least, she took the food I gave to her but she shared it with Ethan. I can't get mad at her even if I want too.”

After everything he said, Daniel sighed.

     “That's it?”
     “Yeah," he said as he nodded.
     “It's seems that you're in love with her, you easily get jealous and angry at someone close to her.”
     “I am?"
     “Yes, you are.”
     “Are you sure?”
     “If you do not like her, how come you get easily jealous or irritated with her best friend.”
     “Because I don't trust her best friend.”
     “You may not trust him but she does.”
     “What should I do?”
     “It's either face your fear and tell her you love her or you may lose your chance with her.”
     “What do you mean?"
     “If you don't act now maybe you'll never have the guts to tell her. By then, everything would be too late.”
     “Thanks for listening, Leah.” he said before going upstairs.

He entered his room and closed the door. After sitting at the edge of his bed, he thought of what Soffie told him earlier.

     “Daniel, you must calm down. Even if I told her she wouldn't believe me cause she doesn't know what is the feeling of love cause it's not in her mind yet. It's not because she doesn't like you but I'm sure she will be able to see that someday when she's ready.”

He then remembered what she said and thought hard on what to do on this.

Meanwhile.

I was with Ethan, Marie and Clarie.

    “Ethan, is Daniel acting strange to you?”
     “No, why?”
    "It's because he was silent the whole time we were with him.”
    “Do you like him?”
    “What? Why are you suddenly asking me that? Yes, I like him. He's my friend.”
    “Are you sure?”
    “Yeah,” I said and nodded.
    “I'm going home guys, see you at school.” 

Then we parted ways. 
     “Cherie come on, I'll bring you home. I brought my car.”
He got inside his car and drove it towards me. 

I opened the car door and got into the passenger seat and strapped my seatbelt on. He started the engine and we drove off. It was silent but not awkward then I asked if I could turn on the music. He agreed so I turned on the music and it played: Hall of fame by The Script.

     “Woah, this is one of my fave songs.”
     “I know and it's kind of rock.”
     “Yeah,” I said staring at the window.”

He noticed me being all quiet so he asked me.

    “Is there something wrong Cher?”
    “No, I'm just maybe tired.” I said to him and he continued driving.
     “Okay.”

A few minutes later, we arrived at the house. He parked his car and he got down.
     “Thanks for taking me home, I'll see you tomorrow.” I said and kissed his cheek. Bye,” I said as I went in. 

So I went inside and my mom greeted me. 
     “Hi, sweetie, how was your day?”
     “It was fine, I had a great time playing and Ethan got me this giant stuffed bear.”
     “Looks, like you had fun,”
     “Yeah, I did.”
     “Ah, mom?”
     “Yeah sweetie?”
     “How do you know when it's the right time?”

Then her mother's phone rang.

     “What was that sweetie?”
     “Nothing, I'm just going to rest in my room.”
     “Okay, sweetie.”

I went in my room and closed the door. 

A few minutes later.

Ethan was wondering why Cherie mentioned Daniel. Why am I feeling jealous? Is it because I love her or is it something else. I don't know anymore. I just laid on my bed trying to make myself busy and not think about her. But I cannot seem to get her off my mind. I mean we're best friends. I think it's okay to think of her sometimes. Yeah that seems natural. At least I got my time to spend time with her. But I really like her. If I admitted to her that I like her and I already did how would she react? Will I get her or will I lose her. I should stop thinking about this because I know she's not ready to be in a relationship right now. But how long will I wait and keep this a secret to her. I know maybe someday I will admit to her that I like her and I already did I even kissed her she said to me to give her time to think about it and I agreed to that But for now I'm going to be the most supportive best friend she'll ever have. But what if Daniel tells Cherie first that he likes her. There's no way he's going to tell her first he's so much of a coward to admit to her. I just hope Cherie will agree to be my girlfriend someday. I just hope and pray that would be the case.

Daniel was thinking about Cherie, he just cannot stop thinking about her? I do love her? But she doesn't see that yet because she's not ready. But when will she be up for it. I'm not going to lose my chance. I better do it quickly before someone goes up against me. I just hope she'll agree to be my girlfriend, she is pretty and good at math plus she's friendly. I just hope she'll say yes.”

After a while. 
I went to my room, read some books, did my homeworks and just chill listening to my favorite Kpop band Cravity, Ace, Got7, pentagon and many more. I just played games on my laptop and I went downstairs to eat dinner, mom was in the kitchen. While dad is in his room fixing the paintings.

I then went to the kitchen and asked.
     “Mom, what's for dinner?”
     “I made some fried chicken and some corn soup.”
     “Hmm, smells good.”
     “Eat up.”
     “Oh, honey, come on and eat, while the soup is still warm.”
     “Alright, coming honey.”

So dad came out of their room and headed to the kitchen and he saw mom and me eating. Then he asked.

     “Um, honey, Where's Sunnie?”
     “In her room she said she didn't want to eat because she's on her diet.”
     “Oh, I see.”

I ate my hot meal. Then said. 
    “May go up to my room now?”
    “Sure, sweetie, goodnight.”
    “You too mom.”

I went to my room and just rested for a while thinking of Daniel and Ethan. If the right time comes, who will I choose? Maybe I should just ignore the feeling for now.

Then I opted for the bathroom to freshen up and brush my teeth. After that I turned off the lights and dozed off to sleep.