016

Maybe it was the brutal cold in Colorado. Or that fact that her mother had constantly reminded her to bundle up as they sat through the bitter cold as Nolan faces postseason. Or the day she accompanied Haylee on maid of honor duty over six hours for her to say yes to the dress. All that Lex knew is that she sat miserable in her room. A stuffy nose consumed and the overall stupid flu. While she was dying in Colorado, her bother had left his sister to fend for herself while he took a much needed vacation with his teammates in Costa Rica.

"I feel terrible for leaving you." Nolan's voice rung through her ear as Lex was comfortably between the warmth of her sheets, "Are you dying?" A groaned left the youngest Arenando's lip, followed by a loud cough that turned into his baby sister wheezing for air, "We are leaving right now." He finally stated making her groan once more.

"I'm fine." She quipped back, sniffling, "You have had an amazing season this year. You deserve to treat yourself. I'm fine. I'm sure Haylee wouldn't mind coming to check on me every so often until you get back on Sunday." Lex was right. Haylee felt terrible for her getting severely sick, she blamed herself but in reality no one is safe from the harms of winter season; especially in Colorado.

Cole found himself piling the grocery bags out of his car. He had found himself waiting a line in Baskin Robbins to get his girlfriend a quart of her favorite ice cream and then spending another hot minute looking for her favorite snacks, "What are you doing here?" Lex looked absolutely miserable as she opened the door. Her nosey red from all the nose blowing and her voice scratchy.

"I'm here to take care of you." He answered as  Lex moved aside for him to come in. Lex stood behind him as he settled the bags on the coffee table turning to look at his pouting girlfriend in an oversized hoodie and fuzzy socks, "Come here." He motioned as Lex dragged herself to him, feeling his arms wrap around her.

"I'm gonna get you sick." Her voice cracked as she muttered into his chest, "you have to be 100% before you leave to Germany on Friday."

There was chuckle that left his lips as he softly rubbed her back, "My immune system is much stronger than yours, Lex." He shot back making her groan in response, "You need to get yourself to bed."

Cole had to practically drag her up the stairs and into the comfort of her bed, under the sheets, "Cuddle the sick baby." She murmured as Cole shook his head taking of his sneakers and crawling next to her, feeling Lex bury herself under him, "You're the best, Coley."

📍Newport Beach, California

Liked by bellarodriguez, hayleeserna and 14,670 others

lexarenando Lex is happier where the sun shines 365 

View 112 comments

bellarodriguez: ahhh come visit me
↪️
lexarenando: ahhh yes yes 💛💛

nolanbeingnolan: happy thanksgiving!!!

jonaharenado: oh I think I took these pictures
↪️
lexarenando: 🤔🤔

hayleeserna: Lex is fake for leaving her best friend behind

hayleeserna: I hope you gained weight
↪️
lexarenando: acc I did cause I ate good so suck my toe

sarahstones: lil bean 🥰🥰
↪️
lexarenando: ahhhhh YOURE the sweetest 😭😭

marhernandez: you are so cute

colebassett_: okay 😍😍
↪️
lexarenado: literally miss you right now 😭

paige.serna: sweet baby Lex

username: she's literally the cutest thing

micheala_: besos
↪️
lexarenando: abrazos

lacylowe: baby Lex

santa_mona: ur not real

milareyes: michealangelo could never

lysfreeland: ahhh come bring the heat back to Colorado