037

haylee looked at lex, a small smile on her lips as she walked with into pepsi stadium, "why are you always underdressed?" she asked and lex rolled her eyes.

"i'm wearing the gucci belt you got me to christmas, dressed it up for you." she sassed back earning an eye roll from haylee as they walked around the stadium, "haylee you forget i'm a spectator and not a host." haylee again looks at their skin tight black jeans with holes at her knees and the white cropped long sleeved that was covered with the thick jean jacket so wore with her white sneakers- if she could just get in her in heels.

the two kept walking, admiring the knicks of the stadium before it got rowdy and loud with the fans and before they heard the bouncing and pounds on the floor of the players coming to warmup before the game, "what do you think of michael porter jr?" haylee asked smoothly, almost as if she hadn't told sam her plan to get the two together. almost as if she wasn't already trying to set them up.

lex eyed her best friend, "stop instigating." she hissed out. haylee rolling her eyes as she watched lex walk over to the stands and plop herself down. a pout on her lips. haylee walked over, sitting next to lex as they took in the stadium quietly.

sure haylee was starting over, but this was also for her. she knew lex needed the breath of fresh air more than anyone right now. the boy that had promised to catch her when she fell, the same boy that had promised her that the long run was them watching their grandchildren play soccer was no longer in the picture. leaving her crumbled to pieces, destroyed and the pain on her chest was unbearable for her somedays, "i miss him." she confessed quietly as haylee shot her head, a frown on her lips, "i miss him and how he held me when he kept his room with the fan on at all times."

haylee knew it would take time for lex to get over her heart break but if she could do anything to help she was. she would run to the end of the world to help her friend bounce back, "i know you do." she added after a few moments. so if haylee was the instigator so be it.

liked by hayleenicholson,