075

Liked by arsenal paigenicole2 and 19,741 others

hayleeserna London bound! Catch me on ArsenalTV! Thank you to Stan and Josh Kroenke for the incredible opportunity!

View 639 comments

nuggets Congrats Haylee! We know you'll do great! We'll miss you!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you! I'll miss you too!

joshkroenke We're so excited to see what you do with ArsenalTV!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you so much for this opportunity! I won't let you down!

sammyvines I want a signed jersey
↪️
hayleeserna And I want you to score goals

jess.fleminggg Ahhh! Have so much fun in London!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you so much sweet!

nolanbeingnolan Good luck Hayls!

mpj Best of luck! Know you're gonna kill it! And I'm excepting AMAZING gifts when you get back 😁
↪️
hayleeserna And I'm expecting that you guys make plays off!

dillon1710 Congratulations on this amazing move! I'm so proud of you! Love ya!
↪️
hayleeserna I love you too!

arsenal See you soon!
↪️
hayleeserna Can't wait!

jon_lewis7 Dannngggg look at you moving up in the world!

jonaharenado Text me

kellynacosta Good luck! You're gonna kill it!
↪️
hayleeserna Thanks Kell!

lysfreeland Wow wow wow wow!

paigenicole2 Good luck Hayls! I'm so proud of you!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you!

dozier_kid Ugh we just became friends and now ya leaving us?! Fake.
↪️
hayleeserna Omg 😂

laurarenado Good luck!

katywinge Ahhh! So proud of you! Have a great time! I know you'll be great!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you!

tommysmith1996 You better come visit me!
↪️
hayleeserna I absolutely will!

Haylee hesitated as her finger hovered over Jonah's contact in her phone. She took a deep breath before pressing call. She raised her phone to her ear and bit her lip, hands shaking.

"You're moving to London?!" Jonah's voice flooded her ears. She could hear the panic in his voice.

"Yeah. Just until mid May," Haylee said weakly.

"Who did you tell?"

"My family, co workers, and Nolan."

"You told Nolan and not me?" She could hear the hurt in his voice.

"I saw him for work three days ago when the Nuggets visited Coors Field. And we haven't talked in over a month and a half."

"So?"

"What do you mean so? You stormed out of my apartment when I told you I didn't think it was a good idea to date after seeing how Lex reacted," Haylee started to feel anger bubbling inside her, "I thought you didn't want me in your life anymore."

"Haylee, I've been madly in love with you for the last six years! Of course I was upset! I just barely had you, and you didn't want me!"

"That's not at all it! I wanted to try too, but I am not going to be the reason you loose your family. And I told you that! No relationship is worth destroying a family for."

"All I've done is think about you for the last month and a half."

"I've been thinking about you too, but, Jo, I told you I don't want to come between you and your family. I hope you use this time to try and fix things with your family. That's why I told Nolan everything."

"What exactly did you tel him?"

"That I was sorry for ruining his family; that I told you we couldn't because of what it was doing to his family, and that I was going to London. I was hoping that me going away would give y'all some space to hash it out."

"Did you request to go?"

"No. It said in my post. Stan and Josh specifically requested a meeting with me. They said they wanted to send me to ArsenalTV, and asked if I was interested-"

"And you said yes because England for soccer is your dream," Jonah finished.

"Exactly," Haylee bit her nail.

"So where are you now?"

"Waiting for the plane to take off at DIA."

"Are you flying straight in?"

"No. We're stopping in New York for a few hours."

"When do you get back?"

"Last game is on May 17, so probably a day or two after that. I'm not entirely sure yet."

"Can I see you when you get back?"

Haylee sighed deeply, "Jonah-"

"Please just as friends?"

"Okay," she said softly.

"I miss you, Haylee. This has been killing me."

"I miss you too, Jo," she said softly, "promise me one thing?"

"Sure anything."

"Promise me you'll fix things with your family, Jonah."

"I promise, Haylee."

"Okay, thank you. We're about to take off so I need to go."

"Okay. Text me when you land in New York, and when you leave again?"

"I will," she nodded.

"Okay. Safe flight."

"Thanks, Jonah. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, Hayls."