056

➡️

➡️

Liked by altitudetv jordannharvey_ and 13,742 others

haylsnicholson Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for my amazing co workers. Don't ask what's going on because I still don't know 😂 #turkeyday

👥 teamhuevos dochowser nuggets altitudetv

Comments have been limited

lexarenado Is that my green leather jacket?!
↪️
haylsnicholson It's a possibility

samnich28 Thankful for you 😍😘

dillon1710 You HATE Thanksgiving Day football???
↪️
haylsnicholson I don't know what you're talking about

jonaharenado Hahaha I have so many questions
↪️
haylsnicholson I have 0 answers

mpj What a mess

dochowser What IS going on?
↪️
haylsnicholson I wish I knew

Haylee spent the rest of Thanksgiving with her parents. It was the usual event. Dillon was still in Atlanta getting ready for the MLS Cup semi final game two days later. She would've flown out to see him, but she had to travel the same day with the Nuggets to San Fransisco for the Warriors game the day after Dillon's.

The next night, Jonah came over like usual. Lex has opted out of going saying she wanted to just lay in bed and complain about all the homework she had to do and hadn't yet done.

Jonah knew instantly that something was wrong. Haylee had a terrible poker face, and everyone knew it. He frowned but didn't say anything yet. She clearly wasn't in the mood to talk about whatever was on her mind yet.

"Okay I can't take this anymore. Talk to me, Hayls," Jonah eventually broke the silence of them eating.

"Sam's cheating," Haylee responded softly.

"It's not April, and it's not even the first of the month, Hayls," Jonah set his fork down.

"I'm not joking. Kort got messages about it and then Dillon got this," Haylee scrolled on her phone before handing it over.

"This has got to be some sort of sick joke!" Jonah shook his head, "he wouldn't do that after-"

"But he did," she interrupted softly, "I got a call from Jordan's mom telling me the same thing. And she had picture proof too."

"Hayls," Jonah grabbed her hand.

"I'm already hiring a lawyer."

"When does he get back?"

"Just before Christmas. His Christmas gift will be divorce papers," Haylee said calmly.

"You're a lot more calm than I would be," Jonah stood up and walked over to her. He took her hand and stood her up. He hugged her tightly.

"Oh don't get me wrong—I'm absolutely heartbroken. But crying isn't going to change what's happening. I can only try and move on," she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"God. I couldn't imagine ever-it's just so-wow," Jonah kept cutting himself off.

"I know."

"Have you told your parents yet?"

"Yeah. Me and Dillon talked to them right before he left for Atlanta the other day," she sniffled.

"What did they think?"

"Beyond sad and angry. Maybe I shouldn't have not talked to him for almost a week after we came home, but I just couldn't face him or anyone. He said he understood. But maybe it was my fa-"

"This! Was not your fault!" Jonah interrupted softly but fiercely, "this is completely Sam's fault."

Haylee shrugged as she stood there hugging Jonah. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. After a few minutes, he picked her up and carried them over to the sofa. He set her down and grabbed her Sherpa blanket and threw it over them. Leo jumped up and rest his head on her lap while Nala climbed into his lap. He wrapped an arm around her and turned on the TV.

"We're all gonna be here for you through this."

"I know. Thank you," Haylee kissed his cheek and rest her forehead against the side of his face.

"If you need to get away, you're welcome to come out to San Francisco."

"I think I'd like that after the season ends. I know your season will be in full swing, but I'd still like that."

"You're welcome whenever it works for you," Jonah rubbed her arm, "I just want you to be happy."