072

Lex didn't even think about it. It's not like she needed permission to do so anyways. Yet, she regretted coming over that day. She should've stayed at home because she found herself crumbling and betrayed at the sight of her brother and her best friend lipped locked. The audible gasp made them pull away as Lex stared at them with tears brimming her eyes and anger building up as Jonah tried to approach his sister but Lex slapped his hand away, "Get away from me." she seethed out as Jonah felt his heart sink. He promised himself he would never see his sister she'd tears again and now he was the cause of the tears.

"Lex, lets talk-"

"talk about what?" she asked as she looked at Haylee waiting for her to speak up and then she looked at Jonah, "How you went behind my back? How you decided to just hide this from me? I could expect anything from you, but from you? Haylee? You reached a low." She finally hissed out and those words stung Haylee as she opened and closed her mouth.

"Whatever." Lex finally stated, rolling her eyes as she walked away having Jonah chase after her sister leaving Haylee behind in a mess of tears.

Lex could hear Jonah yelling after her, pleading for her to stop and finally she turned around. Her honey eyes filled with anger and he he hadn't gotten a tasteful of her smart tongue, spitting venom and hitting the person right where she knew she could hurt him. She was as loving as she was spiteful and hurtful with her words, "Don't fucking talk to me. You're so desperate to get your dick wet that you decided to go behind my back and screw my best friend? You can keep her, don't talk to me ever again, Jonah." Lex hissed out as she finally turned around, walking away from her brother.

"You can't stop me from liking who I like, Alexia!" Jonah yelled out making Lex stop in her tracks and turn around briskly to look at Jonah, "and I like her too."

"I could careless who you like and who you don't like!" she yelled back and by now doors were being opened as they watched the screaming match between the siblings, "What I care is the fact that my brother couldn't even tell me! He couldn't come clean and tell me. Have fun, Jonah!"

Jonah was getting angry. The temper that was carried throughout the siblings. Just like the one fans saw when Nolan threw hands during the game against the Padres a couple of years ago. Maybe he wasn't as wise and hurtful with his words like his sister was but he knew how to hurt people just as well, "Why should I tell you about my love life?" he yelled back and now multiple doors were opened but the two could careless, "It's my love life and quite frankly you need to stop acting like a spoiled brat, Alexia! Grow up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you! Once things don't go your way, you start throwing a tantrum like youre three!" and by the time those words rolled out his tongue he regretted it, "Lex-"

"Forget it." she snapped back, "I don't want you in any part of my life, Jonah. Don't even look at me, you're dead to me." Lex walked away, tears filling her eyes as she tried to desperately hold them in.

She had just lost her built in best friend. Jonah was the one that was last to leave home. The two were seven years apart compared to her two older brothers that were in their early teens when Lex was born. Just as much as she was Nolan's doll, she was Jonah's world. She was the same one that he used to throw his pitches when he was practicing after practice and she was the same one that would sit with him on Saturday mornings with a bowl of different flavors of cereal while they watched cartoons.

Jonah let out a loud sigh, running his hand through his hair as he walked back to Haylee's apartment, finding her on the floor crying. Jonah closed his eyes as he sat down next to Haylee, "I should've just told her my feelings towards you in the first place." He muttered as Haylee brought her knees up to her chest, "I fucked up."

Haylee felt like this was her fault but the words couldn't come out of her mouth as she wanted to tell her best friend about the suffocating feeling in her chest but she couldn't go to Lex, "I fucked up, too."