076

"is lex here?" jonah asked as he sat across from his mother, days before he had to head out for preason and his only wish was to see his baby sister and talk to her.

millie sighed. shaking her head as she had begged and pleaded her to come and join the family send jonah off to preseason and it go her nowhere. she wanted nowhere near her brother. the family had tried to get the two together and when they did it was disaster.

the tension between the siblings and that included nolan who had sided with his baby sister and jonah who desperately wanted to make things better, "did you call her? what did she say?" jonah asked, desperate to know about his sister.

millie sighed. the phone call that she made to her daughter had left her with an aching heart and she knew the stubbornness her children carried within them, "she was going out with friends."

millie had begged and pleaded lex only to have her daughter continuously deny the idea. telling her mother she was too busy that weekend with school and she had made plans with her suite mates that she had made a that week and she just couldn't ditch, "my life doesn't revolve around jonah, mom. i'm not gonna cancel plans because he's going off to spring training like he's been doing for years. there's nothing new." lex retorted, as she walked the ucla campus to the library to start on some homework, "i'll be home next weekend."

"alexia," millie sighed over the phone, "honey, please don't complicate this."

lex sat in the midst of the library. a conflicted heart and a broken one. aching to talk to haylee but she was the one that had been behind the bullet. wanting to be held my michael but he was an allied. there was no one she could go to. nolan would burn the whole world down if he had too and cousy would be the one to be allied with nolan, "i'm not going mom." she finally breathed out, "i don't want to be breathing the same air as him." lex looked outside the window, students walking from and to classes, "i'll see you next weekend. we can go to nobu with cousy and meg and maybe even go to top golf once dad comes back from that business trip. i love you, mama."

"you said some nasty things." cousy finally broke the silence as the family sat at the arenado's childhood home, the chicken carbonara millie had prepared didn't sit right with jonah anymore, "we all know how lex is. i guess, you just betrayed her."

"i didnt betray her." jonah hissed out making cousy rolled his eyes.

"i beg to differ." he scoffed, "you weren't the one who saw how confused and hurt she was."

jonah felt his cheeks flush red. his fist balling as he belted out angry words, "you have no right to judge-"

"you hurt my baby sister, i have every right to be angry at anyone who decides to do so even if that's my brother." cousy countered back, "should've came clean in the first place and you wouldn't have to worry about alexia wanting to see you."