174

"Hayls, you need to go," Jonah folded his arms.

"I really don't want to travel right now. Alison and everyone will understand," Haylee mirrored his pose.

"You won't even be gone for 24 hours."

"I don't want to leave you and Lex."

"Why?"

"I'm worried if I leave you two alone, I'm not gonna have a home to come back to!" Haylee said.

"We are not that bad!" Jonah'a jaw dropped at the accusation.

"Yes, you really are. And I just don't want to leave right now."

"Haylee, if you don't get your ass on that plane, I will personally drag your ass to Portland," Lex walked into the outdoor kitchen.

"I really don't need to be there. Alison, Josh, and Dawson can completely handle it. They handled it just fine last season without me," Haylee looked between the two siblings.

"Get your ass back to work," Lex rolled her eyes.

"If I leave you two alone, I'm not going to have a house to come back to."

"We are not that bad!" Lex protested.

"That's what I said!" Jonah threw his hands up.

"Look. I know you're worried about me, and I really appreciate it, but please. Go back to work. You absolutely threw yourself into the Nuggets this time last year after you found out about Sam," Lex sat down on the couch not far from the grill.

"If you both are sure," Haylee mumbled still feeling a little unsure.

"Positive," Lex held her hand, "I love you, Hayls. And I know you love you job. Go do to because you're great at it."

"Okay," she forced a smile.

Haylee walked back inside the house and up to her and Jonah's bedroom. She pulled her small suitcase out of the closet and began packing up everything she needed for the trip. It wasn't very long, but it was important for her to look nice. She ran her fingers through her hair before telling Alison she would be at the stadium the next morning.

Haylee ran her fingers through her hair again and sat down on their bed. She smiled when Napoleon ran in and jumped up next to her. She hugged him as he licked her face. Haylee laughed softly as he laid down in her lap. She looked up as Jonah walked in.

"Hey, are you okay?" He sat down next to her.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You walked away pretty abruptly. I just wanted to check on you," he took her hand.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine. I'm all packed."

"Good," Jonah softly kissed her cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too," Haylee leaned over and kissed him.

"We're gonna be fine. It's a short trip, Hayls," Jonah rubbed her cheek.

"I still worry."

"You worry about everything."

"Not gonna deny that," she let out a small huffy laugh.

"This is a big house, and Lex and I will be fine," Jonah reassured her.

"I know. I'm just giving you two a hard time," she smiled.

"Excited to go back to work?"

"Yeah, I am. I love my job."

"And that's why I'd have dragged you to Portland if you didn't go," Lex walked into their room and leaned against the door.

Haylee rolled her eyes, "bitch ass."

"Skank ass."

"And you're worried about me and Lex?" Jonah snorted.

"Shut up, gorilla man."

"I've missed you, Lex."

"I've missed you too, Mama," Lex grinned.

Liked by lindseegrenz milareyes and thousands of others

hayleeserna Incredibly close game, but at the end a W in OT.

View 354 comments

genevievealbernaz10 Looking good Hayls!
↪️
hayleeserna Thank you!

kjroze Swear you wore that outfit with the Rapids
↪️
hayleeserna What about it?

lexarenado Mama H 🤩
↪️
hayleeserna Mama's on her way home!

dillon1710 What are you doing with your hands?
↪️
hayleeserna We won by 3 points so I'm celebrating that. Hater

kellynacosta Dork
↪️
hayleeserna Blocked

jonaharenado My girl 😍😍😘
↪️
hayleeserna I love you ❤️

alison_martens1 Great to have you back!
↪️
hayleeserna Great to be back 💙💛

lysfreeland Hayls 😍

bellarodriguez Niceee