162

lex didn't understand how much of a power social media had until she couldn't bare to be on it. she would always make fun of mike how deactivating and reactivating his account, but now she understood. it was so taxing, it took a toll and it made her want to crawl and disappear. she just wanted to disappear. never come back. but she couldn't.

the house was quiet as she walked through. veronica, devins mother had gone back to michigan to attend business with her salon and davon was away with his girlfriend. devin was to be home from practice soon and mya was most likely outside.

"can i join you?" lex asked as mya nodded with a smile patting an open spot for lex to join her. obediently, lex did so as she brought her knees to her chest. it was a hot day in arizona. wherever you went the sun found you, there was no use for a shade because even in the shade you felt like you were melting. looking over a mya, lex studied how at peace she looked. devin had told her one night that mya would calm her demons by sitting in nature, "why aren't you at school, ma'am?" lex asked as mya looked at her with a mischievous grin. mya could get away with anything with devin as her supervisor. he had the biggest soft spot for his sister. she was his whole world.

"i had an anxiety attack in the morning and devin didn't want to push it." mya answered, "you haven't gone back to school either." mya retorted making lex laugh.

"anxiety, it'll get ya." lex responded and nodding mya understood what she meant, "i'll go back. but for right now, i'm doing my work online. and hiding away in arizona."

4h