048

Haylee and Lex talked all day every day. It was just one of those facts. It just happened. It was one of those things that could always be counted on, so it was unusual when they went one day without saying a word to each other. Lex thought it was just because of the concussion and her limited phone usage to help speed up the healing process. She had visited the Nicholsons' house, but was turned away by Sam who said Haylee didn't want any visitors.

"Don't take it personally. She hasn't talked to her parents or Dillon. She hasn't even talked to me since we came home from the hospital," Sam said before he and Lex hugged each other crying.

Haylee had shut herself away in the guest bedroom. She had Leo and Nala in their with her, but she didn't want anyone else in there. She said she wanted to be left alone. After six days of not talking to anyone, she finally crawled into bed with Sam halfway through the night.

"Princess," he mumbled sleepily and pulled her into his chest.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"For what?"

"Shutting you out."

"Don't be sorry. I understand. I'm so sorry I wasn't there sooner. I feel awful," Sam kissed her forehead.

"I understand too," she closed her eyes and snuggled closer.

"I'm going back to Scotland in two days," Sam played with her hair.

"Okay," she nodded.

"Do you want to come? It's not too late to book you a ticket."

"No I need to get back to work and do something productive other than watching Netflix. But thank you for offering," Haylee squeezed his hand.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Get some sleep. I'll make ya breakfast in the morning, yeah?"

"Yeah," she nodded.