Chapter 1- kickstart

"It's going to be fine, like if I could I would love to I dunno hold your hand or some shit. But we're not in the same class" he tells me, his usual grin falling over his gorgeous face. He clasps his hand over mine, gazing at the ring he bought me, my eternity ring. A few weeks ago once we had reconciled our relationship, he placed it back on my hand asking me if I would be his eternity. I mean how could I resist that prospect?

We're sitting in the car, waiting for it to be time to get to class. He would normally arrive late but because he has me with him we are of course 15 minutes early. I'm feeling nervous. My first lesson is psychology. With Jay and Ross. If they both turn up. I was initially supposed to be studying media like Matty.

Matty has media first period. We could have been in the same first lecture but we are not.
"I wish I had dance first" I sigh looking over at him. We're sharing a cigarette in the car.
"What's that thingy you're wearing called" he grins at me cheekily.
"Matty it's a leotard. Dancers wear them, get over it" I tell him smirking.
"Ohh id much rather get under it" he says playfully hand grazing my thigh. He passes me the cigarette.
"Can't wait to get home" he sighs looking over me.

My hairs grown out a little over the summer, I'm wearing it down and loose and it reaches almost to my waist now. I've put on makeup, well it is the first day of uni. I'm wearing my new navy leotard it's almost backless, I've put a mini skirt over it and sheer black tights. I've completed the look with Matty's leather jacket and some ankle boots with heels. It's quite a look but it's my first day and I decided I'm going to look great.
My dance shoes are in my bag along with my notebook and pens.

Matty made us some lunch, pasta. He knows me so well. We've planned to meet up for lunch, with everybody else. I suggested we make a thing of seeing everybody. We have only been in each other's company for the whole last part of summer. It's been glorious, we had lots of makeup sex as Matty calls it. We ate lots of pancakes in the cafe that is now our favourite place. I cooked for him lots, he loves food and I've been teaching him the basics. It's been really quite sweet to watch his serious face when I'm showing him how to do something.

Matty has been drawing and doing lots of art, so we visited the art shop and music shop from before and made a day of it. I did a few extra dance classes before starting term to get myself back into it, Matty has marvelled at each dance leotard that I have worn and tried to stop me from leaving the house. It's become a real obsession for him.

He put me on his car insurance as I'm still looking for a car of my own, but for now he's happy with me driving his 4x4 which is quite the statement. But only when he is not in the car, he very much likes driving and not being the passenger.

We hear the roar of a motorbike parking up beside us. A tall lean blonde guy steps off of the bike, wearing a full leather jacket and jeans. He pulls his helmet off to reveal his shaggy dirty blonde hair which has now grown out and is past his chin. He taps on our window, myself and Matty get out of the car to greet Ross.
"Hey losers" he says laughing. He's in a great mood.
Matty pulls him into a hug.
"Hey man, how are you doing" Matty says to him. They are the same height, both muscular and tanned. I couldn't be happier that they are friends with each other still, their relationship is back to normal. Jibing at each other and generally swearing at each other in jest. Ross lights up his rollie and I come around from my side of the car with my bag.

He stares at my legs briefly and then tears his eyes away from me and smiles. Opening his arms to pull me in for one of his bear hugs.
"Hey" he says as he releases me.
Ross is great. All round. He just makes me feel happy. I resume to standing next to Matty, my man. He clasps his hand around mine.
"Your hairs longer" he says to me.
"And yours is shorter" he says to Matty laughing.

Matty had a slight trim, it suits him. I conspicuously tug at my hair.
"Yours is longer too Ross" I tell him and he laughs.
Matty hands me the last of his cigarette. And I finish it off.

"Right, you ready to become a psychological mastermind" Ross grins at me.
"Always" I tell him.
I must admit I feel less nervous knowing I get to go into my lecture with him.

"Where's your class?" I ask Matty, turning to face him. Ross looks away slightly.
"That block over there babe" he says pointing to the smaller building to our left.
"Ours is in the main building" Ross says indicating the large white building in front of us.
"I've got dance after, which is in the performance area I think that's near where your media class is, wanna meet after and head to lunch" I ask him and he strokes my hair away from my face.
"Sure babe" he says and kisses me slowly.
"Are you going to be changing out of this?" he indicates the leotard.
"No" I tell him and smile.

Ross has turned even further away from us, I can't help but feel a little bit bad.
Once Matty has kissed me again he heads off to his media lecture. I stare after him briefly in his black T-shirt and jeans. He looks like a model ugh.

I turn around to see Ross pushing his hair back. He's trying not to stare at me.
"Ready Tay?" He asks.
I smile back at him and we begin walking to our first lecture together.