Chapter 16- my top model

Kim pulls me in for a big hug once we get there.  Rach and Rhea are already there. I smile at them both.
"Woah you really prepped your skin." Kim says admiringly
"A girl can only try" I say chucking.
"You look fabulous already" she whispers laughing.

"Right you" she's says to Matty and he laughs.
"Hands off my top model" she shoos him away.

He pulls me back slightly and I kiss him.
"Ew baby brother" Kim says teasingly.
"I'll be at the bar, let me know when you're done before the show starts" he tells me.
I assure him I will send him a message.

I watch him walk off. Wanting him near me at all times is literally so clingy, but I love him so much. I feel right when he is with me.
I turn around and Kim is smiling at me.
"He's a very lucky guy" she tells me
"Oh I'm very lucky too" I tell her. And she chuckles.

We walk over to the others. Rhea hugs me and Rach smiles openly.
"Nervous yet ?" I ask them chuckling.
"Nothing to be nervous about you will be fine all of you" Kim says.
"I can't wait to see our costumes" Rach says.
"Ohh me too." Rhea adds.
"Is Malachi coming?" I ask her.
"Of course he is, I told him and he was like you're gonna be wearing what !? I'll be there what time" she laughs.

"Hey you know of any other girls?" Kim asks.
"What about Pippa" Rach says.
"Good idea send her a text" I tell her.
"Looks like all of us are going to be walking" I say excitedly. But not Jen I remind myself, maybe I'm being a bitch?

There's a few other girls but not too many. And they all seem normal or no more experienced than us.
We get settled into our chairs, we are in the performance back stage area where they have those cool mirrors with lights. Kim works on me.
I'm literally in the best hands possible.

She starts by brushing out my hair. She clips it away from my face saying she's going to start with my makeup. Then do my hair. I'm suddenly so excited, I've never had my makeup done by anybody. Kim always looks flawless so I'm excited to see what she comes up with.

Pippa joins us, and somebody ends up getting her ready. I'm glad we all managed to get involved in this together. I feel so much less nervous doing it with my friends.

"Your tan looks awesome, what did you use" Kim asks.
"It's my more expensive one can't remember it's name" I laugh. "St something" I tell her.
"Looks great. You're going to be walking last okay. Because your outfit is my main showpiece." She beams at me.

"I hope I can carry it off" I tell her
She full on laughs and stops doing my makeup.
"Are you kidding me, I literally made it looking at you. It was made with you in mind" she says.
And I'm so flattered.
"That's a huge compliment" I tell her.
She smiles. She carries on using little sponges and brushes.

Eventually she reveals my makeup to me and I'm gobsmacked. It's perfect, my skin looks glowing which is what I wanted. She's bronzed me up and I feel like a goddess. The highlighter makes me shimmer. She's gone for a Smokey eye which gives me the right amount of edginess. And maroon lips, winged eyeliner and lash extensions. I look sexy. I feel sexy already.
"Wow Kim that's incredible" I tell her.
"You have a lovely face" she says and laughs.

I glance over at Rhea who is also looking stunning. She gives me a thumbs up and mouths the word "hotty."

Now for your hair which I've wanted to get my hands on for ages. She unclips it and brushes it out. It's grown a bit more it reaches down my back to my mid waist.

Just then Kraig appears by her side.
He gives her a quick kiss. Looks down at me and says
"Tay, wow you look great" he says and she beams.
"Doesn't she just" Kim says to him.
"Hey do you girls want a drink" he says eyeing me.
"Yes but only singles, tipsy is fine but not drunk" Kim laughs.
"You should see the heels I've got in store for you lot" she says and I laugh.

Kraig disappears to get some drinks.
Kim works on my hair she uses a large barrel curler. It makes my curls loose and bouncy. She works on every single strand and carefully applies hairspray afterwards. I'm shocked by the result. It looks incredible. When I look in the mirror I find myself actually looking like a model now.

"Don't cry" she says seeing me get emotional.
"People often cry after makeovers. It's the shock" she tells me.
"You ever thought about modelling as money on the side ? Or even as your main career choice. I just mean you would definitely be picked a lot." She says smiling.
"I haven't no, I'm fairly average" I say.
"Now you're fishing." She says reminding me of Matty. It's an expression he has used.

I see Kraig giving the other girls drinks and chuckle. He's such a ladies man. He's dressed in black jeans and his best black t shirt. He must have a whole wardrobe of them. I imagine his wardrobe just full of black T-shirts.
"Woah" I hear Matty's voice as he brings me over a drink.
"Fucking hell Tay, not that you don't always look beautiful of course but..." he is unable to speak. He just stands in front of me gawking.
I take the drink from him before he spills it. He has had a drink himself. I laugh.

"No kissing, and no making her cry emotional tears please." Kim says spritzing me with some kind of setting mist. I swear I have had so much sprayed on me I must be flammable.

"Surely not" he says lightly kissing me. And smirking afterwards.
She swats him. And he mock protests.
"You can have her back later! No touching, gosh he just cannot keep away" she laughs.
"Okay hair done and makeup done. I'm going to show you your outfit next okay" she says excited.

She hurries off. I glance around and see that Rheas hair has been straightened out and is in a long black silky ponytail. It looks fierce. Malachi is standing by her admiring. She's got dark makeup on which accentuates her features.
Pippa has her hair in curls and looks the most feminine I have ever seen her. She's got on pink lipgloss.
Rach looks so good too, her hair is straight and her makeup looks wonderful. It's edgy and it suits her.

I glance in my mirror, Matty is still staring at me sipping his drink. I think he's gone into shock. I see Jay, Ross and Ryan in the reflection of my mirror. They're just coming in. I mean it is a whole room of made up women, how could they not gatecrash.

I decide to have some more of my drink. I sip it slowly I must not get drunk. I want to be confident. I refuse to fall at the last hurdle.
"I'm nervous Matty" I tell him.
"Yeah you really shouldn't be, Tay you look insanely hot without your costume on. And you will be fine" he says.
I stand up and he hugs me.
He doesn't kiss me in fear of being hit by Kim again who is fast approaching us.

"You look the best out of everybody hands down no contest" he whispers.
"You're just saying that because you love me" I tell him.
"No I'm saying that because it's true." He says looking at me.
"Incoming: my sister" he laughs.

"Matthew what have I told you about touching her!" She says and I laugh.
He puts his hands up in mock protest laughing too.
I clock Jay looking over at the commotion and see his eyes go wide in shock once he looks at me. I look away. I don't even want to see Ross. I'm to nervous.