Chapter 9- that's a yes

We spend far too long holding each other in the shower and kissing. When we do get out I dry my hair and put in some hair oil. It looks great and it makes me happy. I'm back in his shirt, the checked one.

I join Matty in the kitchen, he's cooking dinner. Spaghetti bolognese, my recipe that I showed him. I come in and roll up two cigarettes. I pour myself some wine and him a jack and coke. I pass him his and sit on the table with my wine and the guitar. I sing as he plates up the food.
We sit down and eat, he doesn't bring it up over dinner I can tell he's going to wait for me to talk about it all first. I clean up after we finish and he watches me, he asked if he could help and I forbade him.

I finish and the kitchen is spotless. I pour him and myself another. We head into the living room with the fire. I lay back into him intent on just being with him and not talking.
After I've finished my wine he says "wanna talk about it?"
"Yeah" I say feeling just slightly tipsy.
He chuckles and I feel relaxed, his hand is rubbing my thigh under the shirt.
"So in my lecture this morning I learnt from Jay that Ross has been sleeping with Jen. Jay made a big deal out of it. Ross told him to fuck off" I tell him.
"What? No way babe. But she is not his type at all" he says.
I already know that, I also know exactly why he has chosen her.

"So I left without talking to either of them. I went to dance and Ross turned up at the end of my practice today. He wanted to apologise I think for getting with her." I tell him.
"I told him it's none of my business." I say.
"But what the fuck Jen, he hates her. I don't get it babe" he says.
"I made it clear how I feel about her to him." I tell him

"Thing is Matty, he then went into a lot of things, explaining how he doesn't like her he's just with her." I say
"None of this is sounding like Ross" Matty says simply.
"He doesn't just get with girls. Especially Jen what's going on with him"
"Matty he said he loved me" I just come out with it.
He turns me around to face him and looks at me. Searching my eyes for answers.
"He ugh said he's in love with me." I repeat breaking the silence.

"Ah that makes sense" he says keeping my eye contact.
"He's trying to get with her so that he doesn't have to think about you" he tells me.
"Well that won't work, you're far too amazing" he says to me and smiles.

"I think he realised I was pissed at him for getting with her, because she was such a bitch to me. And he just came out with it. I don't think he means it." I explain.

"Babe you are unbelievable. I'm not sure he even needed to say he loves you for anyone to see that he does. He so obviously has been in love with you for ages" he chuckles and I breathe again, I didn't even know I had been holding my breath. The fact that he's laughing is a very good sign.

"I'm not completely unobservant. I know he likes me." I say nestling back into his arms. I rest my head on his chest and he strokes my hair.
"A lot of guys like you." He says.
"Oh stop it. I'm with you Matty" I tell him.
"Good. Because I'm totally all yours" he says.

And I can't help but smile up at him. That went well, to be honest I thought for some reason he would be more angry about the whole thing.

"What do you have tomorrow babe?" He says holding onto me in front of the fire. I'm so tired I think I may fall asleep in his arms.
"I actually only have psychology tomorrow" I tell him sleepily.
"Why" I question him.
"I'm off uni tomorrow, I usually only have media but the teacher has set us work from home" he says.
"So I'll take you in and then pick you up yeah ? And then we can go somewhere for lunch" he tells me and he strokes my waist.
"You don't have to take me in? I can drive in and then drive myself back and then we could go to lunch" I tell him.
"Not a chance" he laughs.
"You've literally just told me that Ross tried his moves on you today. I'm your escort babe get used to it" he says cheekily.

I pause.
"Do you not trust me?" I ask him
"I trust you, I do not trust him. Plus you are far too nice for your own good. You might let him take advantage" he says
"Nothing is going to happen just because he said he loves me" I tell him.
He's silent. How can he be so insecure. I try to put myself in his shoes, how would I feel if Rhea told Matty she loved him? Actually I'd be pretty pissed  with her.

I turn to face him again, I straddle him and place my hands on his jaw. He is so perfect, his green eyes look at me trying to read what I'm thinking. His hand goes through his hair. This is the only indication that he's stressed about it all.

"I just love you Tay, I'm not trying to be a dickhead. I want to take you in, and then for lunch" he says.
"Just let me do it" he asks of me.

I kiss him, deeply. That's a yes.