Chapter 77- its my favourite

***Taylor's POV***

University flies by, I spend the whole day with Ross, without Jay. We get on so well, it's easy and natural between us.
When it comes to the end of the day I hug and kiss Matty in the car park. He holds onto me just a touch longer than normal not wanting to let me go. We never not go home together and he's handling this so well.
I whisper in his ear that I love him and I'll see him later.

Ross has promised Matty that he will drive safely and not speed which made me laugh.
I get in his car, I've never been in his car before. He has a nice car not that that matters. It's red and has all of the newest features you could possibly want.

I sit in the passenger seat with the heated seats on. He smiles over at me once we're on the road.
"Have you been to Jays before" he asks.

"Nope never" I say slightly anxious.

"Oh right he lives in an apartment. It's quite fancy" he says rolling his eyes.

"I thought as much, he really gets on my nerves" I laugh.

"I hadn't noticed" he laughs.

We go quiet for a bit. Our extended silences are never awkward for me. I enjoy his company because he's okay not talking and he doesn't feel like filling up any silences with chatter.

He glances over at me smiling. I laugh at him.

"What?" I say to him.

"First time I've been truly alone with you in forever" he says laughing.

"Oh yeah that's true" I say.

"You ugh saved my life by the way" he says after a minute.
"I'm sure that gives you every right to demand anything from me" he laughs.

"I had to go back for you, after what we had just been talking about I got worried." I say.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry I caused you all of that panic" he says.

"Have you thought more about what we were talking about?" I ask him being direct.
Maybe I can clear up things with him, and it would be good to see where he's at.

"Yes I haven't stopped thinking about you if that's what you're asking" he says smiling at me.

Not the best sign. I was thinking he would say he's over it all and that's he's had a bit of time to reflect on everything.

"I spoke with Matty after the party. I cleared up what happened just before the accident. I love you, that's not going to change. I know you love him, I accept that you're with him. But I love you too, whether you have feelings for me or not. I'm here for everything and anything." He says looking out of the windshield.

My emotions are all over the shop and I start to cry.
I glance over at him in his leather jacket, his blonde hair out loose.

"Hey I'm sorry, I don't want to make you cry!" He says stroking my thigh.

"No it's just Ross I don't deserve you, I don't deserve this. Your loyalty. And your love" I say.

"Well you saved my life so I'm pretty sure you do. And you have it anyways" he laughs.

I smile at him through my tears.