Chapter 64- jane

***Taylors POV***

I walk quickly through the corridor out of the building to dance. Not sure why I am shocked, this is Jay we're talking about. He's notorious for treating girls like this.

I feel like an idiot. Why would I be any different just because I thought we were friends. Yesterday he was telling me that he had feelings for me and that he dreamt about me. I knew that was a corny line.

My mind reminds me that this is what I wanted. I wanted him to to leave me be. And I should probably just stop whining about it all. I need to forget him now, we're friends and he treats his friends like shit. And I knew he would move onto another blonde girl.

I head into dance, I change out of my skirt and put my pointe shoes on. Dance goes by quickly and I pick up my routine for the show within no time. Turns out we're doing black swan, my costume is going to be amazing.

I feel really worked out by the end and I spend some time at the barre practising and then stretching off until everybody is gone. I pull my hair down and stretch out my legs in front of the mirror. I want to increase my flexibility so I spend some time pushing myself into positions.

I leave my own playlist running and I get kind of lost in it. I decide to go through my routine, I sometimes like to close my eyes a little when I'm dancing. That way I can feel everything more. My pointe shoes are feeling great too.

When the music stops and I'm in my ending position. I smile and open my eyes. To an empty dance hall, apart from one person.
The love of my life. He is currently sitting at the back of the hall watching me. I walk over to him and he smiles at me as I walk up the steps to him.

"So you're mad talented" Matty laughs.
He stands and puts his arms around me.
"That was beautiful" he says and he kisses my forehead.

"Thanks, it's my black swan solo. I've learnt it already. If I can do it eyes closed then I know I've nailed it" I say smiling at him.

"You're insanely good Tay. I can see why you're the lead" he says smiling.

"Thanks" I smile.
"Wait here I'll grab my things from my locker and we can go and eat" I say to him.
He holds onto my hand before I leave and pulls me into him, kissing me passionately.

"Mmm Matty" I whisper pulling back from him.

"Don't worry I'm going to let you go and get changed" he smiles.
"I've been thinking about you all day, I can wait a little bit longer though" he adds.

I head into the changing room and change back into my clothes. I retouch my makeup, putting on some mascara, blusher and lipstick. When I walk out, Matty meets me outside and we walk back towards the car. We dump my bags in the back and head to the canteen.

He's holding my hand like he always does and he's talking to me about his media lesson. I was supposed to be studying media before I took up psychology so we have a shared interest in that.
We walk around the canteen in our own world, Matty carries the tray and fills it up with food for us. He pays and I tell him I'll get the next one.

We walk over to our usual sofas where we meet our friends. I walk slightly behind Matty. He sets the tray down and I sit next to him. Rach is here with Brad and Ryan. Jay is sitting on our other side with a new blonde girl, I recognise her from class and I smile over at her and ask her name.

"Jane" she replies and even I almost laugh. I hold it in though.

"Taylor" I say back.

"Oh I know" she replies.

I stare at her quizzically.
"Psychology" she says back to me.

"Oh right" I say smiling. Still not getting how she knows my name.

Me and Matty eat quietly. Trying to ignore the tension between Rach and Jay.

"Tay" Rach says looking over at me.

"Ugh huh" I say back.

"Fancy dress Saturday night? You in babe?" She asks.

I glance at Matty smiling. He nods at me. Another party. This will be a good one though, no dramas.

"Where ?" I laugh.

"Where it always is, Ryan's" she's laughs back.

"Okay yes I'm in, what are you wearing?" I ask more quietly.

I briefly wonder whether we should invite Jane. Rach is currently icing her out of all conversation though so I don't say a thing.
She thinks for a minute. Then a wide smile crosses her face.
"Let's go as bunnies" she laughs.

"Fucking bunnies" I say laughing out loud. She's so random.

"You know bunny ears, leotard and hold ups. We will look perfect" she laughs.
I see her vision. I'm down with that and I have a black leotard already.

"Hot. Let's buy some stuff Saturday together" I say to her.

"It's a date" she laughs.

"Shall we drag Ross along" I laugh.

"Ross is out !?" She asks me.

"I'm collecting him tonight. We'll take him home. He will be fine to party I think, just won't be able to drink too much" I say. Since when did I become Ross' nurse.

"Fucking awesome" Brad says and I'm shocked by his enthusiasm.
"Awesome now I'm excited" she smiles. Ross is the cornerstone of our group. Without him we don't all get along.

"Babe remember though we're seeing mum Sunday." Matty reminds me.

"Good point, and she'll make us a roast right for our hangovers" I laugh and he smiles.

"Actually you've reminded me I need to record that song for Stiffy and practice for the gig" I tell him.

"When is the gig again" Rach asks me.

"Fuck it's in two weeks" I tell her shocked myself by how little time I have left.

"You play and sing too Tay ?" Plain Jane asks.

"I do" I tell her.

"Yes so I'll record the song next week and then get my set list done." I say more to myself than everybody else .

"Do you guys feel like a fancy dress party" Ryan asks Jay and Jane.

Everybody is quiet.
"Yes we're in" Jay says for both of them.

I glance over for the first time and he's eyeing me warily. I smile at him glad he's moving on.
I snuggle into Matty as we've finished our food. I make plans to meet Rach in town tomorrow to go shopping. We chill with everybody for a bit longer before leaving and heading to the car. We need to go and collect Ross, so we're heading to the hospital to help him pack up everything and take him back home.