Chapter 47- perfect

We wake up together the next morning way too late. I smile at seeing him embracing my waist. My contraceptive arrives tomorrow. Maybe we should stop having sex until I'm back on it. Although we had sex twice before without anything and we didn't instantly end up pregnant.

"Mmm what's the time?" He asks sleepily.

"Half 10 baby" I say.

"Damn" he says kissing me.

I pull away as he reaches after me laughing.
I have a quick shower and dry my hair, I put on my best skinny jeans. Kim, since Matty and I moved in together, moved all of her stuff out of the house. I can no longer sneakily wear her clothes.
I wear a wrap jumper that shows off my waist it's dark red. I'm going to put on my leather jacket and boots. I apply some concealer, blush and mascara. I add some lipstick and perfume and I'm ready. My best route to recovery is looking amazing, I tell myself.

Matty pulls on a khaki shirt and jeans. He's wearing his leather jacket too and I chuckle. We hear a knock at the door and I go down first.
I open the door undoing the safety lock, Matty always puts on. I invite Rach in smiling she sits in Matty's front room taking in all the little changes I've added to it. Girl stuff like cushions and candles. Jay meets Matty at the door.

"Hey do you guys want breakfast" I say. I'm hungry and I will offer them food too.

"Yes, that sounds great" Jay says smiling at me. He's wearing a baby blue shirt and his jeans. His eyes shine at me.

"You just ate" Rach says.
Wow they're a little chilly with each other.

"A cereal bar" he snorts.

"I made you a coffee too" she laughs back at him.

"What you thinking?" Matty says to me
"I'll help cook it" he laughs.

They follow me into the kitchen. Then I turn bright red remembering the mess. Seeing yesterdays clothes and underwear strewn over the floor. Jay eyes my reaction hiding a smirk.
"Wow, Tay" Rach says smiling. Clearly wanting to make this completely awkward.
"That looks like my kinda night" she says eyeing my wine on the side and clothes on the floor.

I laugh.
"Yeah my bad I forgot all about..." I begin scooping my clothes up. And Matty's jeans and dumping them into the washing machine.

Matty loads the dishwasher whilst I make them coffee, black for Jay.

"Looks like you guys had fun anyways" she chuckles.

I turn to look at them and Jay is staring at me intently.
"Want a fry up?" I ask looking back at him.

"Perfect" he says.

Rach lights up one of Jay's cigarettes and I put on the radio.

I start the sausages and bacon. Then I prep the tomatoes and mushrooms. It's nice cooking for people. I sing along quietly to the radio forgetting all about everything.

"What can I do?" Matty asks smiling at me.

"Toast please" I smile back at him.

I start the beans as everything else is looking good.
"We all want fried eggs ?" I say. Turning around to them. I wipe the whole table down quickly smiling.

"You are great at cooking" Rach smiles.
"I wouldn't even be able to do eggs" she laughs glancing at Jay.

"Fried it is then" I say back.

"Ohh I love this song" Rach laughs.
I smile at her as I start frying the eggs.

"Hey can I have a glass of wine?" Rach asks,

"Sure help yourself" I say. It's not even midday how can you drink? She loves her alcohol. It would make me so Ill.

I plate up their food first. I walk over and set it down.
"Sauce?" I ask them both.

"No thanks" Rach says. Sipping wine at 11 in the morning.

"Thanks babe" Jay says. "But no sauce for me, it looks perfect". He flashes me his disarming smile. I think bizarrely about his hands on me yesterday and I blush. Looking away I sit opposite him at the table. I'm sipping my juice and I can feel his eyes on me.

"It's only missing the hash browns" I laugh glancing up at Matty when he comes over with our food.

Matty places mine on the table and sits next to me with his.
"Thanks baby" he says before starting to eat. Rach smiles at him, I guess she sees how different he is. I'm a very lucky girl.

We all eat quietly, everybody loves the food and I smile. I decide to cook for people more. I imagine having them all over for dinner including Rhea and Malachi.

"You didn't fuck on the table right?" Rach asks laughing.
I snort my orange juice. Jay looks at her imploring her to shut up. I'm far too embarrassed to answer that, I keep my eyes down begging Matty to take over.
"We didn't fuck here no, we had sex over there by the sink" Matty says and I go bright red. Again. Did he just say that because of Jay? most likely. Not sure how I feel about him telling them that. I glance up at him embarrassed he winks at me.

I try to keep eating and not look up. I will laugh if I meet their eyes. I decide to change the conversation.
"So yeah we need to get Ross some stuff on the way" I say.

"I've got his keys, he just needs some more clothes" I add. Finally I look up and Jay is completely finished. He's sitting back watching me whilst sipping his coffee.

"He gave you his keys" Rach says slightly shocked.

"Yes but just for today he hasn't got any clothes at hospital" I defend myself.
"You want anything else" I ask Jay, he finished eating so quickly. Is he hungry still?

He pauses smiling then tells me no but thank you. Matty stands up and clears up. I go to help him and he tells me no.
I quickly send a message to Rhea, with all this going on I don't remember if I even told her about Ross.
Jay stands and helps Matty clean much to my surprise. Rach watches them both drinking wine.

I go into the hall and put on my boots the heeled ones and my leather jacket. I'm taking gloves and a scarf too. I put some more lipstick on and spray myself again with my new perfume. Matty smiles at me as they come out of the kitchen.
"You look nice by the way" he says discreetly.

I hug him as he reaches for the car keys. I'm taking a small bag holding my purse and phone. I grab a large bag to fill up at Ross'.

"Tay are you coming out tonight" Rach asks as we leave the house to get in our separate cars.

"Haven't really decided yet" I tell her laughing.

"Nah I want her to myself, call me selfish but I don't like sharing her with everybody" Matty adds smiling.

I pull my scarf around me and put on the gloves, they decide to follow us to Ross'. Matty tells me he will drive slow because of the snow. I find it much easier to get in the car and I hope the worst of my fears are over.