Chapter 63- maybe I laid that on too thick

***Jay's POV***

She strolls in late. Long legs in tights and high heeled boots. She sits next to me smiling, she's such a natural flirt. Her leg brushes my ankle. I just live for these moments.
"You're late" I say. Brushing my hair back frustrated already at how much I want her.

"Are you the teacher, gonna give me a detention after school" she jokes. She shrugs her leather jacket off to reveal a maroon, extremely low cut leotard. I practically pass out. She's wearing her hair different, half of her curls are in a high ponytail and the other half stream down her bare back.

"If that's your sexual fantasy you just had to tell me babe" I say looking away at another girl who's giving me the eye. I wink at her, and I hope Taylor notices. She does and she scowls at me. The other girl blushes and looks away.

"Dickhead" she says looking away from me. She gets out her stuff and resolutely looks at the lecturer. I watch her, daring her to look at me. She doesn't.

"Sorry" I whisper playfully.

"Don't worry I don't expect any different from you Jay" she says still looking at the front. What was that supposed to mean? I've tried being nice that doesn't work. Really now I'm at a loss. Out of options.

I angle my body away from her, facing the girl on my left. Jealousy doesn't work but you never know.
The girl looks up at me, not my type but will do. Another blonde. What is it with girls and thinking they all have to be blonde to be attractive. It's just not the case.

I like brunettes. With long hair and blue eyes. And with long legs. My type is well, Taylor. But she's being particularly difficult today. I don't know what the lecture is about because I think about her for the entirety of it. She glances at me once and I make sure I'm not looking at her at all.

At the end she packs up, and stands up next to me. Her thighs at my eye level and I just cannot help myself. My eyes travel up her legs.
"We need to start planning our group work" she says looking down at me.
"And please my face is here Jay" she laughs.

"I'm busy tonight babe" I say to her.
"Oh don't be silly I'm not looking at you" I retort. I am though, can't tear my eyes away.
Being noncommittal is probably the best bet here.

"Me too actually I'm picking up Ross" she says.

"Okay next week then I guess" I say and then she lingers.

What is she expecting? She's made it clear she's with him, and not me. I will not be her side option for when he's not around.
I smile up at her.
"Well?" I say quizzically.

She pauses and looks down at me and then reconsiders.
"See you around" she says and before I can reply she leaves.
I already know I'll end up texting her later. Especially when I'm drunk. She looked kinda sad. Maybe I laid that on too thick.

I have to bolt myself down to my chair to stop myself from pursuing her in the corridor. Maybe I'll meet her after dance? No I tell myself, too soon. Far too soon. She needs to think I'm out of the equation. She wanted to be friends. This is the kind of friend I am.

I stroll up to the blonde I winked at. She takes me in with her eyes, it's so boring. She just stares at my arms and my chest like they always do. She has green eyes and dirty blonde hair past her shoulders. It's bolt straight.
"Hey" I say to her and her friend, also blonde, snickers.

"Hi" she replies shyly.

"Are you going to the party tonight" I ask. I'm being direct, weirdly it tends to work with girls like this.

"I am yeah" she laughs. Wow this conversation is riveting. She's wearing a polo shirt, yawn, and jeans.

"Great I'll ugh see you there" I say brushing my hair back away from my face. She eyes my tanned arms again and smiles

"Okay cool" she says. That's it really, it's as easy as that. For me. Anyways.

I leave. I know Taylor is not going to this party. She'll be with boyfriends 1 and 2. But when we are back in university, I'll be sitting with blondie for a while.