Chapter 75- like brothers

I walk around the counters deciding what to eat and decide to go for pasta. Matty approaches me from behind and whispers in my ear.
"Still loving pasta I see, no change there. I love you. I missed you." He says.
I smile and turn around and kiss him.

"I'm so emotional right now, Matty. I don't even feel like me" I say to him quietly.

"We'll go to the clinic tonight" he whispers in my ear. I smile at him, reassured.

He carries my tray over for me and we sit on the end of the sofa where we always sit. I finish all of my pasta and that makes me feel a little bit better. I'm completely and utterly ignoring Jay who is opposite me with Jane. Why did they have to sit in my eye line. I place my bowl down on the coffee table. I lean back into Matty and just close my eyes.

His arm goes around my shoulders. He rubs down my side and I smile. I open my eyes briefly.

"I'm tired, can we go home yet" I say to him and he laughs.
I settle for resting my head on his chest.

After lunch passes, We head back to psychology. The lecturer explains that we need to get on with our individual projects and that we can use the individual areas of the uni or the library to get stuff done but that we have to meet back in the lecture hall for the last half an hour of the session for a debrief.

I stand with Ross putting on my leather jacket. Jay approaches us without Jane. We walk off to the library, Ross walking in between Jay and myself. It's probably for the best that we just ignore all of our problems.

Once in the library we sit at the far end in our own little pod. We actually get lots done, every now and then I glance up to see Jays eyes lock with mine and I look away from him. I take some notes and we use the computers to get some ideas.

Nearer the end I look up and can't believe the similarities between the two of them, they're both reading. Ross and his blonde hair which is styled in a half up half down style, he's got a whole collection of bracelets and bands on his tanned arm and I can see the indentation of his nipple ring under his shirt. Jay and his shorter blonde hair looks like Ross' older brother. He's looking through his book, deep in thought. He looks calm. I eye his tattoos down his arm and his defined chest. He looks up at me and smiles I can't help but to laugh at him.

"You look like brothers" I say laughing.

"Taylor shh you're in a library" Jay laughs.

"We do not look anything alike" Ross whispers.

"You do, sorry it really made me laugh" I whisper back.

We head back to the lecture theatre and I'm so ready for this day to be over. After our final half an hour debrief, we make plans to work after uni tomorrow at Jays. I've never ever been there before, but I will have Ross with me. And it will be okay.

I follow Ross out of the lecture room.
"Hey if you want I can drive us to Jays, and drop you back tomorrow" he suggests.

"Thanks yeah that sounds great" I tell him and I smile up at him. His eyes catch mine and I can feel his attraction to me. He looks away from me smiling. I can't help but smile as I look down at the floor.

We meet Matty in the parking lot.
"See you tomorrow, sure you're okay driving?" Matty asks Ross as he heads to his car.

"I'm fine thanks man" he says smiling at him.

I face Matty and he kisses me passionately before opening up the car.
Once we're on route i broach the subject of studying at Jay's tomorrow, carefully.
"So our project is due this week, and we all need to work after uni" I say to him.

He smiles just waiting for me to continue.

"So Ross suggested he take me to Jays and then drop me back" I say.

"He did?" He smiles, his tone is playful.

"Yes, is that okay by you" I ask.

"Of course it is babe" he says.

Well that was easy.
"Will you be having dinner, or getting takeout?" He asks.

"I dunno I didn't really think" I say.

"Jay will order takeout, he doesn't cook" he laughs.

"How long have you known him" I ask.

"Ohhh, I think 6 years maybe 7." He says.
"He wasn't always an asshole" he adds.

I smile at him and stroke his thigh. It's a long route to the hospital. I recline my chair slightly and close my eyes. It's nice and warm in the car and I drift off for a little bit. I wake up when the car comes to a stop.

"Hey sleeping beauty" he laughs.

"Shh I'm so tired" I tell him.

We walk into the clinic hand in hand. I remember when we came here before and smile at how far we've come in our relationship. We've grown up together.

We ask to see a nurse regarding pregnancy and the receptionist smiles at us and asks us to take a seat. Matty quickly checks his phone and then smiles down at me.
"You want some water" he asks.

"I'm all good" I tell him smiling.

His hand goes around me. And I huddle into him.
The nurse calls us in shortly. She asks me about my main symptoms.

"So I missed my period, maybe 5-6 days ago. I was on the pill but we decided that we wanted to try.." I stutter.
"My other symptoms have been tiredness and hunger and ugh emotional outbursts" I laugh.

"Okay, have you undertaken any tests" she asks kindly.

"We did one, and it came back positive it was a clear blue one" I say.

"Oh they are very accurate" she says.
"If you would like you can do another test, but you by no means have to. From what you are telling me it appears you are in the early stages of pregnancy, congratulations to you both" she smiles.

"I'm happy to do another test" I say and Matty strokes my arm.

She goes over to her cabinet and pops a clear package on the side. I go into the small toilet and perform the test. I place the cover over it and take it back out with me.
I leave it on the desk as she's talking with us, she goes through some of the preliminary things like pregnancy do's and don'ts.

She checks the test.
"Congratulations you are expecting" she says to us. This time I don't burst into tears. I turn to Matty and smile at him. He beams at me pleased. For some reason hearing it from a nurse is more official.

She gives us a few pamphlets containing information on stuff that I can and can't eat. She issues us an appointment in 2 weeks time for a checkup. She tells me the serious stuff to look out for like spotting or blood and to reach out should I feel anything is wrong. She gives me a book with lots of contact numbers on including out of hours numbers for emergencies.

She also tells me not to stress, try to relax and enjoy the early stages. Obviously get lots of sleep and eat nutritious foods. She hands me some information on vitamins.
"I would say purely based on the information you have given me that you are 3 weeks pregnant" she adds
"By your next appointment however we will be able to get a better idea of how far along you are so that we can work out due dates" she says.

"When should we tell other people?" I ask.
"You can tell other people when you feel comfortable, some people choose to share their news at six weeks others at 12 weeks. It's a personal choice" she smiles.
"The leaflet should help you to see the development per week of your pregnancy and it may help you decide when you want to make that choice and share your news" she advises.

After taking all of our leaflets we leave and head to the car. Matty drives us home glancing at me occasionally.
"Thank you Taylor" he says out of the blue.

"For what my love" I say to him smiling.

"For being the love of my life, and for seeing me seriously enough to have my babies" he chuckles.

"Thank you for putting a baby inside of me" I tell him.
"I love you" I tell him.