Chapter 28- lead the way

After a very long hot shower, we dry off. I apply lots of moisturiser. My tan is still intact surprisingly. I decide I'm going to wear a cream coloured jumper dress to set it off and my long boots.

I can't wait to see where Matty is taking me. I dry my hair and attempt to curl it like Kim did yesterday. My first try isn't bad, it's not quite as good as hers but it will do. It's bouncy and voluminous just how i wanted. I put on my makeup, some blush, lipstick and mascara. And I'm good to go.

Matty is singing in the kitchen whilst frying eggs. He can't see me yet watching him. He's wearing his jeans and his khaki green jumper that I love. It's a similar colour to his eyes. I walk up behind him to surprise him. I put my arms around him and kiss his neck.

"Mmm that's nice" he says chuckling.
He turns around to face me spatula still in hand.
"That's even nicer" he says eyeing my outfit.
"You look stunning" he says finally looking at my face.
I smile "ohh you made eggs" I say.
"Of course and sausages and beans and toast" he replies.
"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I smile at him.

I make him a coffee and set it down in his place and he brings over the breakfast.
It tastes amazing.
"How is the hangover by the way?" He smiles.
"I'm actually okay because of all of the water you made me drink and the amount of sleep we had" I tell him. It's already 11am and this is the latest we have woken up in a long time.
"Thanks for that by the way" I tell him.

After breakfast I clean up and he takes over filling the dishwasher.
"No you relax, this is your day." He says smiling.
I decide to roll some cigarettes for us.

"Can you give me a clue ? On where we are going?" I ask sweetly.
"Nope" he laughs.
"Not a chance" he says.

He glances at his watch and decides we should get going. He hands me his leather jacket, and we head out to the car.
Once we're on route, he's following the sat nav and it takes us on the motorway. I glance over at him, Thinking about out conversation this morning. The notion of having a sleeping baby in the back of our car pops into my head. I try to squash it. If I have a baby with him now at 20 is that very young? When that baby becomes a child and is 10 years old I'll only be 30 years old. Is that a sufficient age to be a good mum?

"What you thinking about" he asks interested.
I don't know why but I feel so embarrassed, I flush pink.
"I was thinking about babies, and how old I would be when they are growing up if we had one" I say gently, looking out the window.
He doesn't make it awkward. He just considers what I'm saying. He puts a hand on my bare thigh and squeezes.
"It's not implausible, lots of people have kids younger. You just both have to be sure that's what you want. And have a solid plan" he chuckles.
I think about that for a while. What would a solid plan include?

He exits the motorway. And I'm looking around for clues. He drives into town and parks up in a large car park. When we get out he makes sure that he's got everything which isn't something he typical does, that tells me he may have booked something.

We begin walking hand in hand through town. He tells me to make a note of any places to go for food after my surprise. I'm so excited it's like it's my birthday even though it isn't. He glances over at me as I'm smiling.
"I hope you like it" he says smiling back at me. The look he gives me is devoted. Rapidly things are changing for us and the way he glances at me with adoration is irresistible. I link my arm around him.

We arrive at a traditional looking building, I love the sophisticated appearance of it outside. It looks old fashioned and traditional, it's all marble. I look up and realise it's a dance theatre, I smile.
"Matty, that's so thoughtful" I say turning to him.
He kisses me.

He holds the door open for me and we go in. He shows the tickets to the friendly staff and they clip them and tell us to enjoy the show.
I'm so excited, well it's more than that really. I can't wait to see the choreography, the lighting, stage effects, everything. Matty buys us some champagne and a programme. It's a contemporary show, with elements of ballet. I think I'm going to enjoy it a-lot. Matty smiles watching me look at the programme and I realise I've been looking at it for ages.

I flush pink.
"This is amazing, Matty. I've not been to a professional dance company show" I tell him.
"I'm glad you like it, I just hope I went for the right performance" he says.
"You did its perfect" I tell him then I kiss him as we wait to go in and find our seats.

We have the perfect view, not too high up and at the perfect distance from the stage to take the whole performance in as a whole. It goes dark in the auditorium and I hold Matty's hand to be close to him. He lightly squeezes my hand and I can tell he would be smiling if I could see his face.

The performance is perfect, it actually gives me lots of ideas too which is such a bonus. I decide to take some notes when we get home to use for theory and also practice. I'm in awe of all of the performers abilities and technical proficiency. The costumes and stage settings were also imaginative and well thought out. I can't wait to bore Matty silly, talking about it all over some food and wine.

When we do leave the theatre he's beaming at me.
"I love you babe" he tells me.
"Now where do you wanna eat" he asks me kissing my lips.
"Matty that was just the best experience ever" I tell him smiling.
"And of course I love you too" I tell him.
"There's an Italian restaurant up the road, can we go there" I ask him smiling. I can't stop smiling.
"Lead the way" he chuckles.