104

"Still?" Zatsu looked over towards the door. -Perhaps it's his body just resting through the recovery.- she thought. -He's not exactly used to the alchemist way of healing, always letting his body do the heavy lifting. Though it always had a great reward; a stronger body and greater immune system.-

The man focused back on reality "Is Akira getting better?" 'Some good news would be nice now...' he gave her a small smile.

"I want to believe that it is," Zatsu mumbled, "But I really don't know. I keep having these horrible visions that this thing is going to kill her and we won't even know until she gets too power hungry for any of us to stop her. We'll lose Akira and..." she slowly stopped talking, not wanting to get too emotional.

The man scooted closer to her "Let me lend you my shoulder..." he gently embraced her and pat the older woman's head trying his best to calm her down. 'Oh...please...anyone...I just wish to be happy.. and Zatsu to be happy as well. She doesn't deserve this.'

Zatsu snickered, trying to push away the feelings of guilt and fear and worry as far away as they could get, "I'm fine, Tomura! I'm fine, don't worry."

"Really? You don't sound fine.." he stated giving her a worried look, he did not like that the woman was pushing him away every time he tried to help her.

Zatsu hesitated before nodding, "Yes, I'm fine. You've got better things to worry about than me, Tomura."

He gave her a worried look but decided not to push her further. "Okay..I'll be in the kitchen and after that with Dabi...if you do not find me then I am probably at the palace sorting some stuff out." He explained before he got up to go to the kitchen to make some tea.

Zatsu nodded softly and watched the man leave. Once he was gone, she let out a shaky breath. She did everything she could to keep her emotions down, not wanting to be as soft as she had once been. Zatsu looked at Akira and gently cupped her cheek. "I'll always be here for you, Darling," she whispered, "No matter what. You'll never have to be alone again."

The day went by without any major inconvenience. Later that day in the early evening Tomura was on Dabi's side again. Sitting next to him and waiting for him to wake up. He leaned against the edge of the bed with his arm as he watched him patiently while gently caressing his head. 

Zatsu had returned helping Scarface in order to keep herself distracted. She insisted that Akira stay away from Tomura and Dabi, in case her "friend" wanted to pay an unwelcome visit. After being stubborn, they eventually moved her into one of the guest rooms. Now Zatsu was helping out with whatever Scarface needed as a token of thanks.

After a few minutes of caressing his face, Dabi's head leaned closer into Tomura's. He winced a little as he did so.

The man's eyes widened as he looked down to the man. With tears in his eyes he whispered "Dabi?" As his hand had moved closer to him as well as his other to reassure the man.

The half-breed groaned softly, his eyes slowly opening. His eyes slowly shifted to Dabi and a low smile tugged at his lips. "Hey...Tomu..."

He gave a smile. "Hey Dabi." He spoke in a slow and gentle way as he pushed some hair behind his ear. "I love you so so much...and thanks for protecting us." He brought his body closer as he took his mate's hand and gently placed it on his stomach giving him a smile.

Dabi's smile grew as he lifted a shaky hand up to cup Tomura's cheek. "I'm just glad...you're safe..."

"I'm glad that you are okay." He leaned down to him again so that the man had an easier time touching his face. "I missed you." He whispered before he gave him a gentle kiss.