105

She was brought back by a harsh grip on both her shoulders. She was shaken and then pulled up to look at the other woman. A grey and green eye looked at her. A broken and cracking voice between the two was speaking to her. "You! Stop blaming yourself!! You could have done..NOTHING!! It isn't your fault...stop...please stop looking down like that!!" The green eye got teary. "For the almighty god's sake!! Let me love you!!" She yelped desperately. The grey eye now shook at it seemed to be affected by all the enotions washing over Akira. "Please..just listen to me!! You did well." She shook her. "Please stop blaming yourself!!" Her pitched voice screeched as tears rolled out of her eyes. Seconds later, she buried her head into her chest. "For fuck's sake!!"

Suddenly, Zatsu snapped out of her trance-like state and looked at Akira. It took her a moment to realize she was crying and, when she did, she held her tight. "I'm sorry," she apologized, "I'm sorry, Akira. Please don't be upset." -You fucked up again, moron.- Her mind scolded as she gently rubbed Akira's back and ran her fingers through her hair, "I'm okay, Akira! I promise! I didn't want to start crying, I just...I'm sorry, okay?"

"Don't be s-so hard on your...yourself." she sniffed as her hands held onto her. "P-please...Zat'..I-I love y-you..." she mumbled.

"I love you too," Zatsu whispered, kissing Akira's head softly, "I love you so, so much."

The woman gave a sniff as she looked up. The different coloured eyes looked at her gently with tears in them. "Please...be....more careful...and honest...."

The alchemist met her lover's eyes. She gave her a sad smile as she gently brushed her thumb under her eye, wiping a few stray tears away, "I will."

She returned her smile. "Thanks.." she hummed as her eyes inspected her. Her chest felt light and soft as she stared into her warm crimson eyes. They were filled with love, and that's all for her. The wings flapped twice as she smiled. "You're so beautiful." She hummed at the end.

Zatsu smiled a bit more as she snickered and rested her forehead against Akira's, "Not as beautiful as you, my dear." -There's my Akira...- her mind added.

"Doubt...you're as beautiful as the day I met you. When I was full of drugs and you had the looks of an angle. Beautifully but inviolable." She giggled 'Yeah whatever crybaby filth...shut your mouth this is kore important...as if, you can barely stand and want to challenge a god?...perhaps...that all for a stupid woman?...the most amazing one I have met in my entire life...stupid..'

That made Zatsu blush. She had only ever been called an Angel once, and that was by her mother. How many years ago that was was out of thought. The woman smiled as she planted a soft kiss against Akira's forehead. "Well, you're still the goddess I fell in love with when I was so incompetent and needy for something to feel, whether it be anger or sadness, hatred or fear, or maybe even pride. All of those suddenly seemed so clear the moment I met you, as if I had always been able feel them," She hugged Akira once again, resting her head against her shoulder, "You're my everything, Akira. If I lost you..." she paused for a moment. What would become of her if the woman ever left her in any way would not be a great sight. She'd become a husk of her former self, cold and numb. Possibly even worse than she was before, "I don't know what I'd do..."

The woman stayed silent. For once, everything was quiet. The place around her, the nature, wind people, and for the first time her mind. It was simple silence as she gabeba small smile. Not wanting to interrupt the silence, she just lifted her head up to kiss the woman. Her arms wrapped around her as she melted against her warm skin. The way it had always been and should always be. The warm love inside her made her heart feel calm, her mind at peace and her body recovered. "I love you too. More than you can ever imagine. More than all the stars in the nightsky and the thousand constellations they can form. More than any beautiful flower or spell. You're so unique that it makes my heart ache each and every time I look at you." She whispered in her ear, feeling completely at peace.

Thebalchemist's blush worsened and she felt absolutely speechless. There were so many things that she wanted to tell her, she just didn't exactly know how to stuff it all into words. So, instead, she just enjoyed the quiet between them. As long as she was with the one person she cared for, she had no problem whatsoever.

'So this is it?...You have no right to call this the end...yeah..you are still a filthy human...but perhaps this must have been a demonstration about how to do stuff nowadays...you're a cruel piece of human filth...and we do not talk about that, it is rude to look around another person's memory...it's not like I have anything else to do trapped in such a mortal body and weak mind...don't take too big words in your mouth...I will get out. I promise this and then I will make this world bow to me...and the tooth fairy is real...that stuff is fay propaganda anyway...' Akira smiled as she looked at her lover. "You wanna go inside again?"

Zatsu hesitated before nodding softly, "Yes please."

"Did you eat breakfast?" The woman asked as she stood up and helped her on her feet. She knew she wanted the best for her, no matter what.

"Yeah," Zatsu lied.

"Okay." She gently held onto her as she teleported then back into her room. "You want tea? Lay down?" She asked, kissing the back of her neck gently. She loved that she could think rather freely and have around full control over her body without being on these brain killing meds.

Zatsu smiled softly and shook her head, "I should be pampering you, Dear. You're the one that's unwell."

"Well, I have been just a brain-dead human for the past days. And you have taken such amazing care of me.. so I want to return the favor." She explained.

Zatsu shrugged softly, "I still want to take care of you. Just until I know you're better."

"I feel better, I swear!" She mumbled as she looked over to her 'We feel better?...who is we? But I guess. I will think about how to get out meanwhile and end you all...gey thanks.'

The alchemist crossed her arms and cocked a brow at her, giving her a "Are you sure?" look.

"Yeah yeah. If you want we can sleep together. If it would make you feel better." She answered, giving a small wave with her hand.

Zatsu huffed. Sleep did sound good, especially when the exhaustion had finally settled in. She stretched her arms over her head, shifting uncomfortably at the scars along her back, "We can do whatever you want, Darling."

She looked at her and sighed. "Well then get out of your shoes, we're going to sleep now." She declared and closed the curtains as well as threw her shoes next to the door to crawl back into her bed.

The alchemist looked at her partner and snickered softly. She slid out of her shoes, setting them down beside Akira's, and made her way to the bed.

The woman had made herself comfortable as she scooted to the side and lifted the blanket up. So that her partner could slide to her side. She gave her a warm smile.

Zatsu sat down and laid down beside Akira. She wrapped her arms around her waist and snuggled closer to her.

The female alchemist hummed as she kissed her head. The wings over her ears flapped shortly before they moved up to stabilize themselves. "I love you..please never forget that. I will be there for you."

Zatsu smiled softly as she rested her head closer to Akira's, "I love you too, Akira," she yawned, "and I never will."

"Mhm..sleep well." She cuddled next to her. "You deserve it." She kissed her forehead and closed her eyes.

Zatsu gave one last smile before falling asleep quickly.

Tomura brought Dabi to the doctor's office. He had told the alchemist before that he wanted to talk about something important regarding the child in him. He guessed that it was just another checkup with which he was completely fine. He knocked on the door. "Hello, it's Tomura."

"Please come in." Came from the other side as the door opened by itself.

Tomura looked at his mate and gave him a smile as he brought him into the man's office as well.

1516 words