Chapter 2: House of the Rising Son

Rebekah pulled her car in front of the plantation, talking on the phone with Elijah

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this... godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." She hung up the phone and walked inside the house.

When she walked in Rebekah saw Hayley walking downstairs, while holding a fire iron pointed it towards her.

"Who the hell are you?" She demanded.

"Oh, you must be the maid." Rebekah told her "My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?" She asked her.

Hayley smiled wryly, and put down the iron poker "Hello. Not the maid."

In that moment Larisa walked down the stairs and stood next to Hayley as she looked towards Rebekah.

"She is the werewolf Nik knocked up." She told the blonde girl with a smile.

Rebekah instantly smiled as she saw her sister-in-law "And you are pregnant with Kol's baby. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bumps. Guess neighter one of you are showing yet." She then looked at Hayley "It's Hayley, isn't it?"

"You have your brother's manners." Hayley commented as she and Larisa walked down the stairs.

"And his temper, too, so watch it." Rebekah warned her "Where's Elijah?"

Hayley shook her head "Beats us. He's long gone." She told her and Larisa nodded her head.

"What do you mean,'long gone'?" Rebekah asked them as she moved her eyes from one girl to the other.

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me and Risa, in this predicament that a bottle of Scotch and some bad decisions got me into, he was all poetic about how we're family, and then Klaus told me he bailed." Hayley explained her "Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire."

Larisa shook her head as she shared a look with Rebekah "The problem Hails it's that Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Never for the 500 years I've known him, he never broke his promise."

"Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Rebekah snapped in anger as she walked further into the house, yelling to get his attention.

"Klaus!"

Hayley jumped from the loudness of her voice while Larisa just shook her head.

"Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

"Enough!" Klaus swung the door to the living room open "With all the shouting. Little sister." He walked into the foyer, "I should have known."

She glared at him.