Chapter 60: Behind the Black Horizon

The next day, Lucien was leading Freya and Larisa through the woods of Mystic Falls

The two Mikaelson witches were unimpressed with this situation and they simply glared at him the whole time.

Larisa turned her head slightly and looked at Vincent trough her shoulder and she glared at him.

"After all that flirtation... this is your idea of a first date?" Freya asked him sarcastically.

Lucien laughed in amusement "Think of it as a date with destiny, love. Though, I admit, four is a group. I need Larisa, Vincent is a necessary evil, I'm afraid he is here to keep you two in check should you misbehave."

"Yeah, you're leaving out the part where I ain't exactly here of my own volition, man. The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds!" Vincent told him angrily.

Larisa looked at Vincent with wide eyes "The Ancestors?! Are you kidding me?!"

Lucien smiled at them "Quite the opposite! I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent..."

He gestured to Vincent for emphasis as Freya rolled her eyes.

"And, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Originals."

Lucien sighed dramatically and Vincent's eyes widen in alarm when he realized the gravity of their current situation.

"Didn't take much convincing. They do despise your family." Lucien told the two girls, his eyes lingered on Larisa "They most despise you Risa."

She rolled her eyes at him "Yeah I know that Lucien, thank you for telling me again." She told him sarcastically.

They walked a few more yards until Lucien finally stopped just feet away from a familiar-looking basin sitting upon a rock... right where Esther both created the Originals and made Alaric an Enhanced Original.

"Ah... We're here."

Vincent's tone was irritable as he looked around the clearing where they've stopped.

"Yeah, but where the hell is 'here'  is man?" Vincent asked him.

Lucien gasped in shock and disappointment "What...?"

He sighed and gave them offended look.

"How disappointing! Three powerful witches, cannot sense when you're treading on hallowed ground?" Lucien asked them sarcastically.

Vincent, Larisa and Freya made eye contact and sighed defeatedly when they realized what Lucien was talking about.

Continuing his dramatic explanation, Lucien gestured around them with a satisfied smile.

"Welcome... to Mystic Falls. The place where it all began. Where Esther Mikaelson created the vampire species. Under the shade of the infamous white oak tree, she crafted the spell that turned each of her children... And I mean to replicate that spell. I have everything I need to become what I deserve to be."