Chapter 14: Long way back from hell

There was cops everywhere in the compound

Larisa was sitting in front of a map of New Orleans, her eyes were closed, her hands were moving on top of the map as she was mumbling a spell under her breath.

"Anything?" Maximo asked her as he stood in front of her.

She sighed and opened her eyes looking at him.

"Nothing! Those mother fuckers hid them well."

A few minutes later, just as Marcel was sending the cops out, Elijah entered the courtyard, his eyes going straight to Marcel.

"Anything?" he asked the younger vampire.

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere," Marcel immediately answered "Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Tremé... Word is out: anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them."

"Larisa?" Elijah called out to the girl.

She just shook her head.

Elijah sighed before he looked at Marcel "I need a pen and paper."

Instead of waiting for a reply, Elijah simply left the three, knowing they would follow him as he headed to the study.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?" Marcel asked Elijah.

"Pen and paper, Marcellus. Now!" Elijah demanded as he took his coat off.

"I want her back just as much as you do, you know... The both of them," Marcel told Elijah once he was able to compose himself.

Larisa watched as Marcel went through the drawers, hearing Elijah call out for Hayley.

When Larisa turned back, she couldn't help but stifle a laugh at the sight of Elijah unbuttoning his shirt.

"Elijah! You're back. Did you find any--" Hayley said as soon as she got into the room, only to freeze beside Larisa and Maximo at the sight of Elijah with tattoos on his torso "...thing? What is happening?"

"I need you to make a list of these names, please," Elijah asked Hayley.

Hayley made her way towards the Original, looking at the different names that were tattooed on Elijah's body.

It was random and if anything, it made Larisa squeamish.

Besides the fact that it was on Elijah's body, the way they were tattooed along with the magic it held made her appalled by it.

"Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" Hayley asked as she circled around the Original.

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries," Elijah answered just as Marcel entered the room with a pen and paper.