Chapter 47: A walk on the wild side

It was the next day and Freya found herself in the study at the compound, where she was sitting cross-legged on a small purple yoga mat on the floor

After a moment, an unhappy-looking Klaus walked in and seemed surprised to see Freya.

"What are you doing here?" He asked his older sister.

Freya gave him a look that was both annoyed and amused.

"I... live here?" Freya answered him, but it sounded more as a question.

Klaus sighed "Yes. Obviously."

Freya stood up and start doing another yoga pose.

"I just hadn't realized you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave! Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentleman callers perusing the contents of my refrigerator this morning." He told her in annoyance.

Freya smirked happily and switches poses again.

"Your concern for my whereabouts is touching." She smirked at her younger brother.

"I simply want to know who is here at any given moment! I hardly think that's too much to ask."

Just then, an annoyed looking Hayley, Larisa, Maximo and an amused Elijah walked into the room to join them.

"Well, as long as we're talking attendance..." Hayley said in annoyance.

"Oh, good! It's my not-so-loving older brother, my former one-night-stand! My younger brother's wife and the Hybrid witch teenager. What a nice, normal family gathering." Klaus said mockingly.

Hayley rolled her eyes and smiled fakely at Klaus "Charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long- lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you." She said sarcastically.

"Well, clearly what the situation needs is more opinions." Klaus looked at Elijah "I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy?"

Hayley shoot Elijah a glare, and he smiled in amusement.

"I was just getting to that..."

Larisa gave Klaus a look "Now would be good."

Klaus rolled his eyes "Well, it appears my old mate Lucien has acquired a genuine seer, and in an effort to prove his good intentions, he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff, really... not for the faint of heart."

Hayley was looking in between everyone in confusion.

"Who's doom are we talking about, here? Because if it's yours, I think we're all okay with that."

Klaus chuckled, clearly enjoying this conversation "Well, sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But, chin up! This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving. So, you may just get your wish!"