Chapter 11: Apres Moi, Le Deluge

"The Italians call them Strega

"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them Aje-meaning mother."

Elijah's voice had echoed around the living room at the compound.

"Where my mother was from, they called them Häxa, and here we call them witch."

Hayley and Larisa were sitting on the sofa by the covered coffee table, while Klaus was standing near the door.

"Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them. Bedded them and burned them."

A fun association to make.

"Whether adversary or ally, they are a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is tucked in, safe and sound," Klaus taunted as he walked towards the sofa and sat down next to Larisa "Down the hall and under my protection."

Larisa glared at him "No Nikalaus! She is under my protection! I don't trust you with my daughter!" She snarled at him in fury.

She was still pissed at him for what he did, so after last night neither Larisa nor Maximo have left Davina alone for a second.

Klaus looked at the girl next to him in annoyance "She is not your daughter Larisa! Your daughter it's not born yet! Davina is not a Mikaelson!"

She growled at him "She is for me you bastard! I will adopt her and I'm going to make it officially soon!" She smirked at him as he glared at her "And if you so much touch her again I swear-"

"Children please." Elijah scolded them sarcastically, making them glare at him, as he pointed at the coffe table "We have other problem right now."

A collection of A3 papers had been placed on the coffee table, pieced together like a collage, charcoal and pencil lines creating a massive face.

"Your Celeste was quite beautiful." Klaus commented sarcastically as he looked at the face "And a portent of evil. According to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes." Elijah's voice was low, eyes pinned to the table "Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day."