Chapter 34: The Devil is damned

Rebekah was standing on one of the upstairs lounges, looking at her painted portrait that was seemingly created centuries earlier, which hangs on the wall

Rebekah pouted " That is just not my chin. It was much more delicate."

"Yeah no kidding..." Maximo trailed off slightly, as he continued to watch Rebekah in her new body with wide eyes.

Rebekah rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Will you stop staring at me like that?" Rebekah snarled at him.

"Well sorry Bex, but I remember you as bad attitude." He then pointed at Klaus "Like Klaus, blonde and with bright blue eyes, so all of this..." He mention her new body "It's quite new for me."

Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"The only delicate thing about you, sister, is your ego." Klaus commented with a smirk.

Rebekah turned to face him with a sarcastic smirk on her face.

"Well, placed next to the behemoth size of yours, certainly!" Rebekah fired back.

They both laugh good-naturedly.

Maximo was just looking in between them.

"As adorable as this can be, can we get to what we were talking about." He told them sarcastically.

Suddenly, Elijah's voice was heard.

"Maximo's right. Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for just a moment and return to the subject of our supposed long-lost sister?"

Rebekah sighed "There's not much to discuss, Elijah. She said she was Freya, and then she darted off into the night."

"Who drops a bomb like that and just vanishes?" Maximo asked her sarcastically.

"And you believed her?" Larisa asked her over the phone, as she stood next to Elijah at the safe house.

"Well, I met the girl in a mystical loony-bin... she could be anyone telling any lie. But, she did seem... familiar, somehow." Rebekah explained to them.

"Then how is she still alive?" Klaus asked his sister in frustration.

He rolled his eyes and sighed as he started to pace anxiously around the room.

"A question, as ridiculous as its possible solutions, given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

Rebekah sighed and shruged.

"I dunno, Nik, I'm just telling you what she said!"

"Well, did you happen to ask, if by some similar miracle, our aunt Dahlia lives as well?" Klaus asked her.

"I barely had a chance to process..."

But Klaus cut her off.

"Because on the list of obvious questions, it would be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the first-borns of this family is still breathing air." He told her loudly.