Chapter 81: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

"New Orleans is a survivor

"New Orleans is a survivor. She's faced down countless tragedies: fires, floods, war. Where another city would buckle, New Orleans turns misery into magic. And each year, the greatest tradition of all endures... Mardi Gras."

Vincent was with Ivy among the witches, getting things ready for Mardi Gras.

In the bayou, the Crescents were working on their float for Mardi Gras.

"In spite of all our differences, the whole city celebrates Carnival season together."

On the street with the vampires, they were making a float as well.

"There are more than 80 groups that join the party in the weeks leading up to Fat Tuesday, each krewe more unique than the last."

In the French Quarter witches were doing their float, as Vincent and Ivy were smiling at each other.

"There's something for everyone. Looking for love or hungry for a good time? There's no better mistress than New Orleans during Mardi Gras, as long as you can stand the heat."

Klaus and Kol were watching Vincent from a distance, before they approached him and told him about Hayley and Larisa.

"So, what exactly are you two implying?" Vincent the Mikaelson brothers.

"Hope and Miracle hid their mothers with a cloaking spell. Someone found them. That requires a witch." Klaus told him with a smirk.

"So that means it was one of mine? I don't think so." Vincent shook his head.

"You witches always plead virtue, but if history's to be prologue, you're the most rotten of the bunch." Klaus told him.

"As soon as Freya told me that Hayley and Risa had gone missing, there were a dozen of us witches out there on them streets performing locator spells, trying to find them. Because Hayley and Risa are actually friends to us, okay? Risa is actually one my best friends."

Vincent then looked at Kol.

"And Kol despite our past, you become one of my friends."

He then turned towards Klaus again.

"Hayley, Risa and Kol, unlike you had urned our respect. And out of respect to them, I'm only gonna say this to you one time, Klaus: we had absolutely nothing to do with Hayley and Risa's disappearance. I promise you that."

"A witch's promise is as slippery as snake oil and as effective. You want peace and prosperity? Prove your innocence and find them."