Chapter 25: Live and let die

The All Hallow's Eve party was raging on the streets

Cami was walking along, making a call.

"Finally, you pick up your phone. I've been trying to get a hold of you for days. Way to leave a girl hanging."

Davina was standing outside of a cabin in the middle of the woods, watching Mikael train in the yard.

"I know, I should have called you back. I didn't want you to worry. I just... things are complicated."

"Word on the streets, and I mean, Max, is that you've gone totally MIA. He's been calling you for days Davina. He is really worried for you." Cami told her "Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm fine. Please tell Max that I'll be back soon. I promise, and... thanks for calling, it's good to hear your voice."

Davina hung up.

"Davina? Davina?" Cami hung up.

Klaus stood behind Cami "Well, that was rather rude."

Cami turned to face him, looking at him in surprise, her mouth open.

Klaus smirked in amusement "Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille."

"Don't," Cami told him "Don't do that crooked-smile thing, okay? I haven't seen you for months, and now you're... appearing out of the blue? What do you want?"

"Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch." Klaus answered with a smirk "I already talked to Max, who tried to do a locator spell on our missing little Davina, but was unable to find her, because of an expertise cloaking spell."

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found." Cami told him in annoyance.

"And for good reason." Klaus told her "Had I magically resurrected the insane, vampire-hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding, too."

Cami was stunned "Wait, what?"

"Oh, haven't you heard?" Klaus asked her sarcastically "Mikael the destroyer, back from the dead. And, by all accounts, under the complete control of your little friend, Davina."

Cami looked at him worriedly "Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was."

"Oh, on the contrary, love," Klaus told her "You just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas, and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Davina's family owns a little cabin in Terrebonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years. But, a brief glimpse at a map showed it's just a mile from the loveliest little chapel."

Cami sighed "So, what's the plan?"

"Well, the way I see it, if Davina wants to use Mikael to kill me, we just have two options," Klaus told her.