Chapter 37: Save my soul

At the compound Elijah and Larisa had joined Klaus at the courtyard

"There you two are, finally. Our guest of honor will be here momentarily." Klaus told them, as they walked closer to him.

"Strange," Elijah said "The house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account."

"I sent Hayley and Jackson off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities," Klaus told them with a smirk "Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."

"Nik, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn," Larisa told him "We may need Freya's assistance, so whatever you're planning here, don't."

Klaus smiled innocently "All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. Elijah said to hear her out." He leaned against the chair in front of Elijah and Larisa.

"And you..." Larisa pointed at Klaus "...yourself said that would be idiocy." She pointed out.

"Did I?" Klaus asked sarcastically "Well that does sound like me."

She rolled her eyes at his dramatics.

"On the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect Hope and Miracle, I prefer we know what exactly she is planning to do before we agree to work on the same team. So, I invited her for breakfast." He explained with a smirk.

"Ah I think I hear her now." Klaus turned to see Freya walking in "Sister. Well, come in, come in. Make yourself comfortable."

Freya smiled at her brothers and sister in law.

Vincent was at Elijah's loft, and was at one of his bedrooms in Elijah's new apartment

He was sitting on a bed, leaning his elbows against his knees and rubbing the bridge of his nose with his thumbs as though he has a headache.

After a moment, Marcel and Maximo walked in with a newspaper to check on him.

"Morning! How you feelin'?" Maximo asked him.