Chapter 38: Exquisite corpse

It was late night and Rebekah was sleeping in a room at the compound, with Marcel sitting in a chair in front of her bed, looking after her

Suddenly, Eva woke up with a gasp in her bed, and saw Marcel sitting in a chair across from her, reading a book and keeping an eye on her.

He put his book down and he looked at her in concern, thinking she was Rebekah.

"You okay?"

Eva glared at Marcel for a moment before she smirked and hold up her hands to cast a pain infliction spell on him.

Marcel collapsed onto his knees in pain.

Eva flicks her wrist, snapping Marcel's neck causing him to slump over onto the floor, blood dripping from his mouth.

Eva was wandering around the compound, where she stop to stare at an old-fashioned painting of Rebekah on the wall for a moment, until she heard the sound of Miracle and Hope's crying nearby and wanders over to the nursery, where she found a werewolf guard standing outside the door.

She killed the werewolf guard outside the babies room and Eva stepped into the nursery to stare at the beautiful babies, that were laying in a crib, next to each other.

Hayley, having heard the commotion, enters the nursery from her bedroom and found Eva standing over Miracle and Hope's cribs.

When she saw the dead werewolf on the floor, she realized that something was wrong, and her hybrid face comes out as she lunges for Eva.

"Get away from them!" She growled at her.

She grabbed Eva by the arm to pull her away and slams her head on the nearby dresser.

Eva fall to the floor as Hayley goes to check on Hope and Miracle, but before she could grab them, Eva telekinetically throws Hayley back into her bedroom, where she slams into the back wall.

Klaus stormed into the room when he hears the crashing sound from his bedroom.

"Rebekah! What are you doing?" Klaus asked her furiously.

Klaus lunged for her, but she casts a pain infliction spell on him.

Hayley runs back in to take her out, but Eva casts another spell on her as well, and she falls to her knees and chokes as Eva glares at them.

Klaus forces himself to lean forward so he can claw a set of deep gashes into her thigh with his fingernails, which causes Eva to scream in pain.

She goes to attack them again, but that's when Larisa rushed in and she hit Eva with pain infliction spell.

She then waved her hand, sending Eva stumbling back, which caused Eva to let go of the spell she was doing on Klaus and Hayley.

Eva looked pissed, but realizing she's overpowered, Eva jumps out the window, leaving Klaus and Hayley too busy recovering from her assault to follow her.