Chapter 49: Beautiful mistake

Freya, Larisa and Maximo had walked into the compound, but the three of them paused when they saw all the distruction in the foyer

"What the-" Larisa whispered with wide eyes as she looked around.

Freya was looking around worried, slowly made her into the courtyard with Larisa and Maximo walking slowly after her.

They were looking around, feeling very conserned for Freya's brothers, they heard the doors to the dining room creak open.

When they looked toward the source of the noise, they saw Klaus and Elijah.

Both were covered in blood and were wearing the tattered remains of their clothing.

Silently and calmly sitting at the table together as though they hadn't just had a violet confrontation.

Larisa took an annoyed breathe, before they walked towards them.

Freya looked towards her brothers in annoyance "May I ask what happened?"

"We had a little chat about the past." Klaus asnswered her with a smirk on his face.

Maximo looked towards them with raised eyebrows, and pointed at the destroyed courtyard.

"Oh so that over there is what you call 'little chat'?"

Freya rolled her eyes in exasperation, and Elijah, sounding exhausted, explained what happened.

"I informed Niklaus I am not his enemy. And, though they entered the city under the guise of peace Tristan and Lucien, in truth, are allied against us. A fact that required a little bit of... gentle persuasion..."

"And the two of you, just figure it out that they work together?" Larisa asked them sarcastically.

Freya was visibly amused by this, but she kept her face blank in order to not encourage their behavior and turns to look at Klaus.

"And so I reminded our brother, who angered them in the first place..." Klaus trailed off.

"And, after all of this 'civil discourse' what understanding did you come to?" Freya asked them with a sarcastic smirk, as she sat on the chair in front of her brothers.

"That we expose and destroy our first sired." Elijah smirked at them.

Klaus smiled happily before sliding the glass of his blood across the table to him.

He then picked up a glass of bourbon that he poured himself.

"Couldn't agree more. You see, gentlemen know when to call a truce and turn our fury in a more pertinent direction."

Klaus hold his glass up toward Elijah, who lifts his own glass with his hybrid-bitten hand to clink it against Klaus' before they each take a drink.