Chapter 39: Night has a thousand eyes

A few days later, Larisa, Hayley and Jackson were walking down the streets of the French Quarter, while the mothers were pushing Hope and Miracle in their strollers

They were talking, while they walked pass locals and tourists milling around the street, along with street musicians who were playing various instruments.

Hope cooed at Hayley, who giggled and tickles the little girl.

"Well, Mrs. Marshall-Kenner, Mrs. Pierce- Mikaelson now that you've got a real local to show you around the Quarter, what would you like to see first?" Jackson asked the two mothers.

"Oh, Mr. Kenner, I'd ask to see your old haunts, but we do have two impressionable young ladies with us." Hayley teased him.

They come upon a violinist on the sidewalk who was playing an upbeat tune, and so they stoped to listen.

The violinist continued to play the tune a little longer before smiling and dramatically ending the song.

Larisa smiled back at the woman and dropped some money into her violin case.

"Thanks!" She thank her.

As they walk away, the violinist started playing a much slower tune, the exact same tune that Dahlia used to sing to Freya.

Larisa paused, looking unnerved as she looked over at the violinist, who was staring at them and Jackson looked at Larisa in concern.

She shivered "That song... What is it?"

They look back at the violinist again, who was still staring at them creepily, and Hayley, alarmed, quickly turns back around and starts walking.

As they head down the street, Hayley and Larisa started scanning their surroundings and saw a waiter writing a message onto the chalkboard outside of a restaurant.

"A promise made is a debt to be paid."

Hayley and Larisa become even more alarmed, but tried their best to play it cool in case someone else was watching.

Suddenly, they were stopped by a man holding a large, long-stemmed red and black flower in his hand.

"Flowers, miss."

He hold it out to Hope and Miracle.

"A gift for the children."

Jackson senses Hayley's alarm and step in so she doesn't have to.

"Uh, no, we're alright. Thank you!"

"You sure?"

Larisa looked at the man suspiciously as he holds up the flower and smiled creepily.

"Black Dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely." He told them.

Larisa's eyes glowed blue as she glared at the man.