Chapter 23: Alive and kicking

Maximo and Elijah walked into the compound, they stoped in their tracks as they saw a trail of blood

There was a trail of paw prints that eventually turned into human footprints.

The prints were leading to a dead woman's body, which was propped up against the fountain.

Elijah and Maximo followed another trail of footprints towards the bathroom, where they found Hayley taking a bubble bath.

Another body was propped up against the wall next to the tub.

Hayley looked at them with annoyance.

"Come to check up on me?"

"You've had an eventful evening," Elijah told her.

"I was having a crappy day, so Klaus took me out to the Cauldron," Hayley explained "Wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches?"

"So, would you like us to remove your leftovers?" Maximo asked her sarcastically, as he leaned against the doorway, while Elijah walked closer to her stepping over the body.

Hayley rolled her eyes at them, standing up in the tub, not at all concerned about them seeing her naked, bubble-covered body.

Maximo quickly looked away out of respect.

While Elijah was clearly not pleased, looking away, reaching for a towel, handing it to Hayley.

"Oh, don't judge Elijah." Hayley told him "What I did is no worse than anything Klaus has ever done."

"I would hope that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than Niklaus," Elijah told her in concerned exasperation.

"I'm a Hybrid now, and I have a werewolf temper to go with my new appetite," Hayley told him "And the witches who tried to kill my baby, Risa's baby and her, are worth nothing more than food. Excuse me."

Hayley took the towel from Elijah, wrapping it around herself, walking past Elijah and Maximo toward her room to change.

Elijah and Maximo found Klaus sitting in the dinning room reading a book.

Elijah looked at Klaus incredulously "You took her on a witch hunt?"