Chapter 26: Red door

Cami decided to let Klaus deal with his father's body on his own

She was inside the cabin checking on Davina and Maximo.

Kol had moved Davina to the sofa and stepped back to look around for anything he could use to help with head trauma as Klaus appeared in the doorway, White Oak still in his hand, watching Cami rub Davina's head.

"We should get her to a hospital," She decided.

Kol clocked his brother, "Oh. Hello, darling."

Klaus raised an eyebrow.

"Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

Maximo snored at the comment, but quickly cover it up by a cough, as Klaus glared at the Hybrid.

"It's funny," Klaus kept his voice slow and collected as he returned his glare towards Kol "How often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

"Klaus," Cami sighed at him "He's just a kid. Give him a break."

"Yeah," Kol nodded falsely "She's right."

He definitely thought he deserved a break, but he wasn't exactly a kid.

"You may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow," He taunted "Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Kaleb!" Maximo snapped at him.

"Hey," Cami snapped at him at the same time Maximo "Shut it."

"I promised not to kill Davina, and I made that promise because Davina it's Risa's daughter and Max's girlfriend." Klaus pointed the stake at him, "I said nothing of this insolent sod."

Kol just smirked at him, putting a cloth on Davina's head while Cami tugged Klaus back onto the porch, shaking her head.

Maximo looked towards Kol "Kol you need to stop messing with him like that." He whispered to him.

"He deserve it, for not keeping his promise towards me, to keep Larisa and our baby safe. He broke his promise."

Outside Cami and Klaus were talking quielty.

"A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing," She poked the stake, "And you didn't. You're not going to kill this kid with it either."

Klaus looked back through the door, watching how Kol added a spritz of a herbal mixture to the cloth before waving a stick of incense under Davina's nose, as Maximo was running his fingers through her hair softly.

Something about it lingered in his mind.

"Fine."

"Thank you."

He reluctantly handed the stake over, as well as the key's he'd stolen from her at the bar.

"Go get the car,"