Chapter 9: Reigning Pain in New Orleans

It was a victory for Klaus Mikaelson as he watched the vampires he defeated sit at the same table as he did

Now, he was in control.

No, he was the king.

He was standing at the head of the table, Hayley was sitting on the the end of the table, with her knees pulled up to her chest as she wore a bored expression on her face, but she wasn't the one.

Next to Hayley were sitting bored looking Larisa and Maximo.

Lifting a glass, Klaus offered a toast.

"To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow." he said proudly.

Marcel, who sitting next to him followed suit.

Unknown to Klaus, it was all an illusion of loyalty.

"And the party never end!" Marcel cheered before looking to his own right hand man, Diego.

"To New Orleans," Diego said in a softer tone compared to his ally.

But to Klaus, it was all out of loyalty as he knew he had won.

"To New Orleans!" he repeated before watching the rest follow suit and take a sip from their own glasses before he brought another issue up.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires."

"What about them?" Diego asked, pointing at Hayley, Larisa and Maximo "The wolf and the two witches?"

"Had you let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address," Klaus said in a berating manner as he walked over to where Hayley sat.

"As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumour that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."

"Father of the year," Hayley sarcastically said with a smirk.

Klaus rolled his eyes before he stood behind Larisa's chair.

"And I'm sure a lot of you know that, this girl here it's carrying my little brother's baby. And her blood can turn witches into Hybrids. Half vampire, half witch. Just like our new friend Maximo Ortis here." Klaus explained as pointed at the boy, who rolled his eyes "It appears I will have to earn your trust," he told the wary vampires "Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?"

"What?" Hayley asked, horrified.

"Nik, no!" Larisa yelled at him.

Ignoring Hayley and Larisa's protests, Klaus continued to encourage the vampires.