Chapter 52: Savior

The next day Cami was sitting in an armchair in the courtyard, which has been completely made over with Christmas decorations, including a huge tree in the middle of the room that was adorned with white light and gold and red baubles

Larisa walked in and smiled at her friend.

"Hey." She then sat down on the sofa across from her.

But Cami didn't said anything, as she was too busy watching with equal parts curiosity, horror, and exasperation as a compelled woman drains blood from a cut on the palm of her hand into a wine glass.

Cami gave her a confused look "Do they, like, pay you?" She asked her.

The blood donor smiled at Cami cheerfully as Klaus waltzed into the room and answers her question.

"Handsomely! And with a generous Christmas bonus."

Klaus looked over at the woman, who hand him the glass of her blood.

"Isn't that right?" He asked her.

The woman smiled weakly and nodded before she left, and Klaus smirked at Larisa and Cami in amusement as he sit down in the chair next to Larisa to enjoy his morning meal.

"So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?" Cami asked him.

"I compel her to feed me... and to hang the occasional Christmas ornament. She can say
whatever the hell she wants." He answered her.

Larisa rolled her eyes at her brother-in-law "You're unbelievable Nik." She shook her head.

Klaus sip his blood with an amused smile, before he looked at Cami.

"You seem better." Klaus pointed out.

Cami smiled "Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay here the last couple of days, and giving me space to not talk."

Klaus seemed pleased to hear this.

"Why didn't you go with Elijah to help Rebekah? I hope it's not to stay and babysit her." Larisa asked him in confusion.

Klaus looked slightly ashamed for a moment as he glanced sheepishly around the room "It's not a good idea for he and I to spend hours together in confined spaces, given that the prophecy foretells one family member felled by another."

"You don't think he would hurt you?" Larisa asked him.

"I don't know what to think." He sighed before leaning forward and setting his glass down on the table.

"The damn fortune-teller's predictions continue to unfold, despite all our efforts..."

Just then, Cami's phone buzzes in the pocket of her jeans, and she reaches over to take it.

When she looked at the screen, she found a text from Vincent.

"Kinney's in trouble"