Chapter 56: Heart shaped box

A couple of days later Klaus was standing on the balcony overlooking at the courtyard

He was holding a police officer by the throat, over the balcony with one hand with the other he was was holding his cup of coffee.

"The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police." He pointed out "How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?"

The police chief plead with Klaus as he dangled over the courtyard floor.

"We're trying! She's a ghost!"

Klaus sighed "Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost. Not yet." He smirked wickedly.

He then leaned forward so he could look the police chief straight in the eyes.

"I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?"

Just then Larisa, Maximo, Freya and Elijah walked towards him, looking at Klaus with exasperation.

"I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya sarcastically said.

Elijah rolled his eyes and gave Klaus an incredulous look "Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature."

"Ooh. Poor choice of words, Elijah." Larisa told him.

The police chief whimpered and shook his head frantically, but Klaus simply shruged and dropped the man, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard.

"Told you. Poor choice of words." Larisa sighed.

Elijah and Freya both gave Klaus hilariously exasperated looks, while Klaus simply smiled smugly at them.

"That's not what he meant!" Maximo told him in annoyance.

Klaus continued to smirk as he walked past Elijah into the upstairs living room.

"He'll live! And he'll remember to do better." Klaus told him.

Elijah, Larisa, Maximo and Freya roll their eyes and shared an annoyed look before they follow him to continue their conversation.

"Is all this torture necessary?" Freya asked him.

Klaus ignored this question and instead called out into the hallway.

"Where have you been?"

Marcel walked into the room and immediately looked annoyed at Klaus's tactless behavior before responding with a sarcastic comment.

"I was making sure that the Strix and their witches are out trying to find your loony ex-girlfriend. Is that okay by you?"

Elijah sighed and interrupted their fighting "Gentlemen, please."