Chapter 43: Ashes to ashes

Gia's charred corpse was laying on the floor of the courtyard where she died

Elijah looked devastated as he covers her body with a sheet.

Cami, whose hands were still smeared with blood after pulling Papa Tunde's blade out of Elijah's chest, drinks a cup full of Elijah's blood to heal after Klaus attacked and fed on her, grimacing at the taste as she swallows it.

The Hybrid witches both had been seated on chairs, drinking from two blood bags.

Once Cami was done, Elijah turned towards her, looking furious as he growls quietly.

"So, now that you have healed, what do you mean, Niklaus had a plan? We had a plan! A plan he has mercilessly destroyed..." Elijah raised his voice at her.

"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Elijah!" Cami intervened. "When Klaus got into my head, he said your plan would fail, so he had to enact one of his own."

"That sounds like Nik to me," Larisa commented.

"And what might that be?" Elijah asked, still stunned at the revelation.

"He has to get her to link to him," Cami told them.

"What!?" Larisa exclaimed as she stood up furiously.

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy?" Elijah clarified "She'll be virtually indestructible!"

"He said I had to convince you that everything he had to do, he had to do alone. You had the wrong ingredients to kill Dahlia, and he has to buy time before he finds the right ones," Cami continued.

"How?" Maximo asked.

Elijah was sitting on the edge of the fountain, staring at Gia's sheet-covered body while Cami looks at him sympathetically.

"I am sorry about your friend." Cami told him softly.

"Are you?" Elijah asked skeptically.

"I don't condone Klaus' actions. I'm trying to help you." Cami told him softly.

Elijah looked up at her with a hurt expression, unable to believe what she's saying.

"All I know is Klaus will do whatever he has to do..."

And just like that, Elijah suddenly lost his temper.

"KLAUS WILL DO WHATEVER HE HAS TO DO FOR KLAUS." Elijah bellows furiously as he glared at Cami.

He showed her his phone "Now, Hayley isn't answering her phone. Now, what has he done!"

"Calm down, Elijah." Larisa said, as she looked at him blankly "It's not Cami's fault."

"She's right,"

They heard Rebekah's familiar voice say as she made her way into the courtyard with Marcel by her side.