Chapter 16: Moon over bourbon street

It has been a month since Davina was back from dead and Marcel handed her to the witches

Given Marcel's deal with the New Orleans witches, Maximo and Larisa were forced to watch the girl from afar as she was 'trained'  by the witches.

But Larisa wasn't stupid she knew how the witches felt towards her daughter, despite claiming that they would welcome her, they didn't.

And that was pissing Larisa and Maximo a lot.

Larisa, Maximo and Elijah were making their way over to Klaus's room, when they heard his voice from inside.

"They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But the greater the loss, the deeper the cut... And the more difficult to process to become whole again. The pain may fade... But scars serve as a reminder to our offering. And make the bearer all the more resolved... Never to be wounded again. So as time moves along... we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. All the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger. Then before we even realize that so much time has passed... We are healed, ready to begin anew."

Genevieve was sitting on a chair listening to Klaus's monologue.

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons."

When Larisa heard her voice she rolled her eyes and gritted her teeth together in anger.

Klaus buttoned his shirt "My demons are dead, or chased off."

Elijah, Larisa and Maximo walked in and glared at Genevieve.

"Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed." Larisa snarled at him, as Klaus and Genevieve turned towards them.

Elijah walked closer, and handed Genevieve her high heels "I trust you can find your clothing and the door."

Genevieve stood up from the chair, taking her heels from him, before walking out of the room, walking past Larisa and Maximo as she did.

Maximo looked at Klaus, annoyed "You do recall that woman tortured your sister?"

"She also revealed the truth about my sister's treachery." Klaus told him.

"And as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever." Elijah told him.

"A desire which she apparently harbored for quite some time!" Klaus snapped at him.

"Nicklaus it has been a month," Elijah rised his voice at him "Now, I feel our sister's loss as deeply as you. But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior and
channel it into some kind of action."

Klaus grabbed a paintbrush and returned to his art "Why must I, exactly?"

"Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king." Elijah answered him.