Chapter 65: The Bloody Crown

Larisa and Kol were laying in their room at the compound, with Miracle sleeping in between her parents, peacefully

In the study Freya was working on spells as Maximo approached her.

"Something isn't right." Freya whispered,

"You said you put the prophecy to rest, so what's the worry?" Maximo asked once seeing that Freya was working on spells.

"I didn't sleep last night. I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it's my own guilt," She shot Maximo a sympathetic look "Or maybe, it's my intuition telling me that something is coming."

"You're not the only one."

They looked towards the entrance, where Larisa was standing "Last night, I kept getting these strange visions... yet they all ended the same," she gulped slightly before continuing "None of us were here, at all. Every trace of us was gone."

Maximo frowned upon seeing the distressed look on Larisa's face before turning back to Freya, "And what's this? Your early warning system?"

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus' enemies. Let's just hope I'm being paranoid." Freya sighed as she started an incantation.

Both Maximo and Larisa's eyes widened upon seeing the drops of blood on the map start to make their way to NOLA, from all over the world.

"I guess you're not being paranoid, when there is in fact, a hoard of killers on their way here."

Larisa gasped fearfully, as she placed her hand over her mouth, and shared a look with Maximo and Freya.

Larisa joined the four men in the middle of the courtyard as Kol spoke.

"Freya is tracking your sirelines now. So it won't be long which works for me, I could use a good fight before I hit the road."

"Well, we do have an advantage." Elijah started "No vampire may enter this stronghold as long as the deed remains in Freya's name."

"So, what? We hide in here while the enemies mass at the front gate?" Kol asked his brother, almost offended by his comment.