Chapter 74: Queen Death

At the Abattoir, Klaus had prepared a table full of pastries for the children

"Now, you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you have not sampled each and every one of these. Hmm? Here."

Klaus gave Hope and Miracle each a beignets, they took a bite.

"Mm, it's so good!" Miracle smiled at her uncle.

"Did I ever tell you both the story of my first beignet?" Klaus asked them.

Hope and Miracle shook their heads.

"No? You both are in for a treat. Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. And they came here. They marched right into our courtyard, and they presented your Uncle Elijah and me with these rather lumpy-looking, sugarcoated pastries. Well, needless to say, we were entranced. We set them up quite well." Klaus smiled at the children.

"Why did they come to you?" Hope asked her father.

"Because there was a time when we were regarded as royalty. You might even go so far as to say I was king." He looked at Miracle "And your father was a prince and your mother was his princess, which makes you two princesses." He smiled at them.

Just then, Kol, Larisa and Hayley walked in.

"Good morning. I guess apple turnover is fruit." Kol gestures to all the pastries.

"Well, little brother, I saw no harm in indulging our daughters sweet tooths. All things in moderation, of course." Klaus smirked at him.

Hayley leaned over to Hope and Miracle "Okay. Don't eat too many. You both will get a stomachache." They both nodded, Hayley turned towards the adults "Can we talk?"

They nodded, as they moved away from the children.

"Have ether of you seen Elijah?" Hayley asked them.

"No, I haven't." Larisa shook her head.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him too." Kol told her.

"I thought he was with you." Klaus told her.

"I haven't seen him since he left for Marcel's last night."