Chapter 66: Gather Up the Killers

Marcel was pouring two glases of champagne, as he and Sofya were at Marcel's penthouse

"To five years of independence. And old enemies who became new friends." Marcel gave her a glass.

"I thought you said this was strictly a business meeting." Sofya told him, with a bored expression.

"Oh, you didn't mind last time we mixed business with pleasure." He teased her with a smirk.

"You pay me for information, and I have quite a bit to share." She handed him a file "As predicted, Klaus's enemies are flocking to New Orleans to celebrate. However, some are seeking allies among your witches. No doubt they want to befriend the very covens that still resent you, start conflict, undermine your power, and perhaps steal your prize trophy Klaus himself."

"Oh. How diabolical. It's a good thing I called a truce with the witches. Vincent wants peace as much as I do." He told her smugly.

"So you've said, but I'm hearing that the covens are up to something. Sigil markings on the walls, secret midnight meetings. Maybe Vincent doesn't know, or maybe he's planning a power grab." Sofya explained to him.

"I will ask him myself." He promised her.

"Better make it fast, because you have bigger problems."

"Oh, if you're talking about Hayley Marshall and Maximo Ortiz, I said they're off-limits."

"Fine, but there are others who will stop at nothing to find them. Alistair Duquesne for one. He and his allies believe Maximo and Hayley are the key to finding the rest of the Mikaelsons." She explained to him.

"So Alistair's going after Maximo and Hayley?" He asked her.

"Alistair is here. Ostensibly for the independence celebration, but I believe he will demand you give him Klaus' blood, which he will then use to track Klaus' siblings. Or his child."

"No one has seen or heard from the Mikaelsons in half a decade."

"Alistair's hunted down members of the Strix. He offers them as proof, if Elijah's sire line is alive, so is Elijah. Which leads people to wonder if Hayley and Maximo are somehow trying to bring the Mikaelsons back."