Chapter 57: A streetcar named desire

Freya was pacing around the study at the compound, while Larisa and Maximo were sitting on the couch with their heads in their hands

"You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling us now?"

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you three. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life." He explained to her calmly.

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Nik have a lot of foes." Larisa pointed out.

"Just one or two." He told her.

"Thankfully, not many friends." Freya mumbled.

Maximo laughted at that and in that moment Klaus walked into the room with a person Larisa though, she will never see again.

Her eyes widen and she stood up as she saw Stefan Salvatore, one of her oldest friends walking in with Klaus.

"Speaking of friends. Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Klaus introdused them with a smirk on his face.

Larisa smiled widly as Stefan looked towards her, and he returned the smile.

Elijah hilariously rolled his eyes at the sight of Stefan, Freya gave Klaus a hard look, while Maximo was looking confused.

"One of my trickle-down sirelings. Long story." Klaus then turned to Stefan "Stefan, this is Freya, my brand-new older sister. Also a long story. And this is Maximo Ortiz, a Hybrid witch turned by Risa's baby's blood. Another long story."

Stefan nodded and smiled weakly at them, and Klaus turned back to Freya to address her as he pated Stefan affectionately on the back.

"Stefan needs a favor."

Larisa gave her friend a look "What have you done Stefan?" She asked him in annoyance.

"It's a... long story Risa. You look good." He told her with a smile.

Freya looked at Stefan suspiciously "You're an old 'friend' are you?"

"Well... That kind of depends on your definition." Stefan answered her awkwardly.

Stefan smiled nervously, but Freya continued to scowl at him.