Chapter 42: Fire with fire

Freya was in the living room off of the compound, where she is waving a sage smudge stick in the air as she continued casting her spell

"Miri benet midicen."

Meanwhile, Elijah was leaning against the window, looking out at the now-raging storm.

Rebekah, Larisa and Maximo walked in and joined them, followed by Marcel.

"It's done! I'm de-linked from those children, the coven's almost grateful, and we even beat the rain!" Rebekah said cheerfully.

"I trust that Davina will play her part?" Elijah asked them.

"You know Elijah you need to start trusting my girlfriend more." Maximo told him in annoyance, as he sat on the couch.

"Yeah, against my better judgment." Marcel grumbled.

Larisa gave him a look "You do remember that I adopted her and she is my daughter?" She asked him sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes.

"Stop being so overprotective. If Davina's made Regent to all nine covens, she'll be granted the power to resurrect Kol and the political clout to unite the witches to our cause!" Rebekah told him.

"Don't pop the champagne just yet. Dahlia said she'd come for the babies, and now a storm springs up out of nowhere? You really think that's coincidence?" Marcel asked them sarcastically.

"Well, regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with." Elijah said.

He turned to look at Freya, who was still working on the spell.

"Fortunately, we have a weapon."

Freya looked at him, still not pleased about her role in the plan.

"Look, no offense, but are we really going to put all our eggs in one still-kinda-mysterious basket?" Maximo asked them.

"I assure you, l am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat. Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait." She scoffed.

"And, if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task, at the very least distracting Dahlia long enough for Hope, Miracle and Hayley to disappear." Larisa explained them.

Suddenly, thunder and lighting crashes outside, and Rebekah walked across the room to close the windows to prevent more rain from coming in.

However, when she pulled down the window pane, she found that the top was covered in blood, suggesting it was opened specifically for someone to escape.

"Elijah!" Rebekah yelled panicked.

Elijah came to investigate, and when he saw the blood, Rebekah lead Marcel, Larisa and Maximo into the room where they were keeping Klaus' body in his coffin.