Chapter 8: The River in Reverse

Elijah was laying on the bed at the shack in the bayou

Larisa was sitting next to him with a glass of water as she handed it to him.

"Here, drink this." she told him softly.

Elijah lifted his head and took a sip from the water, but he immediately started coughing.

"Forgive me. Please."

Larisa smiled soflty at him "It's okay."

Hayley then sat down next Larisa and looked down at Elijah "Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy."

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line," Maximo told her from the other side of the room.

"It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either." Hayley said as she walked outside.

Elijah started to cough again and Hayley quickly walked inside "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Elijah told her as he run his hands through his face "Please just... return to your reading."

"I went through the whole thing." Hayley told him "It's just a regular Bible. With an entry in a family tree, that may or may not be me and my family, but you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you." She explained his sarcastically.

"Hayley, please." Elijah told her.

"This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. You must leave me here." He turned towards Larisa and Maximo "You two, too. You guys need to leave.

Hayley shook her head "I'm not leaving you like this."

Larisa grabbed his hand making him look at her "You were there for me when Nik first turned me. You were there for me every time I lost Kol and when he was killed you were there for me again to help me. I'm not leaving you Elijah."

Maximo moved to stand behind the pregnant women.

"Yeah I don't plan to leave you Elijah. You are actually my favorite Original right now."