Chapter 54: Wild at heart

The next day Davina was at the market at Jackson Square, which was predominantly run by witches

Larisa and Maximo were with the Mikaelson yet again, so Davina was having a day with her baby sister.

Davina pushed Miracle's stroler to one of the stalls.

"Hi. Do you have any angelica flower?" She asked the woman, softly.

The woman simply grind herbs with a mortar and pestle and acted as though there was no one there, refusing to so much as make eye contact with her.

Davina looked flustered and embarrassed.

"Okay, I know I've been shunned, but you can at least look at me."

The woman continued to ignore her until finally, Davina, near tears, walked away with Miracle.

Once she was a few meters away, Josh appeared and walked up to the counter before cheerfully greeting the woman.

"Hellooooo! I'm in the market for some angelica."

Davina, hearing what he was doing, turned back, but she only became more sad when the woman ignores him as well.

"Perhaps you've heard of it? No? Okay. Follow-up question... do you happen to have any kind of comment box, or complaint hotline? Because I've got a few thoughts about your customer service that trust me you do not want to end up on Yelp."

This comment caused the woman to at least acknowledge Josh's presence by sighing and rolling her eyes as she glances up at him.

Davina, even more embarrassed now, walked over to Josh and gently grabbed him by the elbow.

"Josh, let's just go okay?" Davina asked him.

Josh sighed "Okay, fine."

Then Josh reached over and grabs something off of the counter top before holding them up in front of the woman's face.

"But we're talking these."

Davina yanked on his arm and pulled him away.

Davina and Josh were walking down a street in the French Quarter while they catch up on what they've missed since they last saw each other.

"Davina, I called, like, a billion times. It's kind of enough to make a guy feel... I don't know, shunned or something."

Davina gave Josh a look, and his expression becomes somewhat guilty.

"Sorry. Too soon?"

"Josh, I'm sorry I haven't called you back. It's just, things have been really..." Davina trailed off.

Josh, understanding exactly what she mean, nodded in agreement as he spin and blocked her way so she can't walk any further.

"Really... yeah, awful. No kidding. The thing is, this is kind of the whole reason you have friends, but also boyfriend, so you don't have to do the terrible parts alone alone."