Chapter 22: Rebirth

Rebekah Mikaelson and Larisa Pierce-Mikaelson were sitting in a rocking chairs, at their home, somewhere far away from New Orleans

Rebekah was holding her niece Hope Andrea Mikaelson, while Larisa was holding hers and Kol's daughter Miracle Davina Pierce Mikaelson.

They were telling them a fairy tale.

"Once upon a time, there was a majestic king who lived with his noble brother, and their sister-in-law, in a colourful kingdom where music and art were celebrated. The king did not foresee having a child, or that the king's younger brother had impregnant his wife, but he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible. In time, he was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter, a beautiful baby niece, for whom he wished only peace and happiness."

The babies cooed at Rebekah and Larisa happily, and they smiled at them before continuing the story.

"Still, the king had demons who pursued him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical beings from the land. And, there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king every full moon. Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the king was driven to send his beloved princess away, and their sister with her princess, convincing all who remained that they were forever lost." Larisa continued softly to talk to her daughter.

"The king, in his sorrow, turned away from the world. The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once mighty king in the room meant for his child. But, as the ruthless beasts took rule over the fallen king's realm, little did they know that he, his brother and their warrior would not rest until their enemies were vanquished."

"For they believed that one day, they would heal their kingdom and bring their princesses home so that they might live happily ever after." Larisa finished the story.

They laid Hope and Miracle in their separate cribs before turning out the lights and leaving them to sleep for the evening.